Marketing Coordinator, Housing and Residential Life
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Marketing Coordinator, Housing and Residential Life
Job Number: 2017264
Location: San Marcos
Department: Dept of Housing and Residential Life
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $3,330 - $4,200
Job Category: Non-Exempt
• Full time experience in marketing or a related field is required
• Demonstrated experience in PC and/or Mac environments, with applicable computer software experience, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and/or Microsoft Office
• Experience in marketing and communication planning, strategies and techniques, assessment tools, social media, and publication design standards and techniques
• Experience with writing, designing, coordinating, and communicating information in multiple formats for various audiences
• Proficiency with presentation software
• A master’s degree is preferred.
• At least two years of full-time experience in marketing or related field is preferred
• Experience in project planning (i.e., developing marketing materials from design/conception to final production)
• Evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in in-person presentations and execution of written materials.
The Department of Housing and Residential Life seeks a dynamic and creative Coordinator for Marketing Services. The Marketing Coordinator provides oversight and support for the department's recruitment and retention initiatives and including designing and implementing marketing strategies in line with the university's overall brand strategy to recruit new students and to increase applications from freshmen and transfer student populations. The Marketing Coordinator will conduct market research, oversee design and implement both digital and print advertising campaigns, and provide analytics to evaluate those efforts. The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and updating departmental websites, maintaining and updating social media platforms, and developing new media content for all of these platforms. The Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for larger-scale, in-person marketing and educational presentations to prospective students and families. Occasional weekend and evening presentations are required.
• Develop and coordinate all aspects of the integrated marketing, promotions and communications plan for all DHRL programs, services and activities.
• Develop concept, create content, lead design and facilitate production for all marketing materials. Identify vendors, develop estimates, submit and track purchase orders.
• Share supervision for a full-time Administrative Assistant; hire, train and supervise student staff.
• Manage departmental website, electronic signage/communication system.
• Manage all social media efforts for the department.
• Coordinate with Texas State University Office of Admissions regarding general campus tours, Bobcat Days (official campus visit days), New Student Orientation days, etc.
• Submit reports pertaining to marketing efforts; assist in the maintenance of the marketing budget.
• Serve on various university committees.
• Attend professional development events.
• Other duties as required.
Additional Information to Applicants:
Finalists will be asked to provide an on-site writing sample and to deliver a presentation on a predetermined topic.
Position will require working a few evenings a month and approximately 4-6 weekends a year.
Job Open Date: 03/31/2017
Job Close Date: 4/21/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM - with occasional evening or weekend events
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM - with occasional evening or weekend events
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce