Head of Department, Communications
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia), has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries. RMIT Vietnam's focus is around three main goals; growth in student numbers, quality of programs, staffing and infrastructure, and differentiation in the way that it teaches digital engagement, fostering industry relationships and providing international opportunities.
All degree programs are recognised by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). RMIT Vietnam is an English speaking university.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: COMMUNICATIONS
Based in Ho Chi Minh City and reporting to the Head of School, School of Communication & Design, the Head of Department: Communications is responsible for the overall leadership, direction and management of the academic department. The position is responsible for managing the existing Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication) degree, plus any new academic products developed within the Department. In addition, supporting research in the Department and links with local industries are key responsibilities.
In strategic collaboration with the Head of School, the position is responsible for assuring our strategic pillars of 'Growth, Quality, and Differentiation' across the Department. Most importantly, as well as stellar academic credentials, with proven leadership experience, we are specifically looking for someone with industry experience and practical strengths in Advertising and/or Public Relations.
In this role, you will manage the Discipline Lead and the Hanoi Coordinator, with responsibility for a total of 25+ Academic employees, based in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. You will also work closely with the Head of School, School Manager, and other Heads of Department, as a senior leader within the School.
Tasks include, but are not restricted to:
- Integrating activities across organisational boundaries and disciplines to meet the needs of students, staff, the University and relevant industries, through tailored academic programs or outcome-related research;
- Providing academic leadership within the University, in her/his discipline/professional field, in respect of teaching and learning, research, involvement with relevant professional groups, and community service;
- Ensuring a consistent level of academic leadership is delivered across all programs and disciplines under their management;
- Contributing to the strategic direction setting of the Centre by working collaboratively with other relevant members of the Centre executive;
- Planning and developing programs and commercial activities and ensuring the viability of the Department's activity.
The Head of Department must fulfil the requirements of an Associate Professor or Professor, in accordance with the Academic Expectations framework, which follows the Australian academic ranking system.
- In accordance with our Academic Expectations Framework, all Academic employees must hold a relevant PhD to be appointed.
- Your appointment, title, and salary will depend on your skills, level of experience, and research contributions.
- Appointment and promotion processes align with RMIT University globally.
- To meet Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) requirements, all non-Vietnamese academic candidates must have at least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
TO FIND OUT MORE
For detailed information, please visit our career website athttp://careers.rmit.edu.vn/vn/en/job/556109/head-of-department-communications