University Advancement - Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for coordinating the reunion fundraising component of the St. Lawrence Fund. This includes the identification, recruitment, and management of reunion fundraising volunteer committees for all reunion milestones, excluding the 5th and 10th reunions. The Assistant Director will work with members of the Annual Giving staff, University Advancement staff, and the Reunion Development Committee chairs (volunteers) to coordinate and make solicitations for leadership gifts within these milestone classes. S/he works closely with the Director of Annual Giving to develop cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for leadership and general annual fund prospects. The Assistant Director travels extensively to visit with reunion prospects and volunteers as well as to staff Laurentian events as required each year.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage Reunion Development Committees for milestone Reunion classes, excluding the 5th and 10th reunions.
- Track fundraising progress and discover opportunities for best practices. Serve as a key resource for other staff who work with reunion milestone classes.
- Serve as a liaison for the Reeher Class Agent volunteer web portal. This includes developing/providing training material for reunion development volunteers and working with other staff program managers to support their work in the platform.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Develop solicitation strategies that include annual, capital, and planned gift components for highly rated reunion prospects. Solicit these prospects for current and future fiscal years.
- Assist gift officers with solicitation strategies for their prospects when they are in a reunion year.
- Maintain a record of activity with prospects in The Raiser’s Edge database, including contact reports and substantial conversations.
- Maintain a portfolio of upwards of 50 reunion prospects in order to solicit their reunion gift as well as identify Laurentian engagement opportunities. Travel to complete prospect and reunion volunteer visits, the number of which is to be determined in conjunction with the Director of Annual Giving on an annual basis.
- Staff Laurentian events as required.
- Assist in developing solicitation strategies for reunion classes within the overall context of the St. Lawrence Fund (e.g., reunion giving brochures and written and email appeals).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, or a related field required. Comparable undergraduate experience in higher education with a focus on development, alumni relations, admissions or student life will be considered.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Exposure to using relational databases; experience with The Raiser’s Edge and Reeher Class Agent preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team, build effective relationships, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with Laurentians with the highest degree of professionalism.
- A willingness to travel frequently and to work some evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.