The Financial Analyst's primary responsibilities include product pricing, sales and margin reporting, financial analysis, budget preparation, performance reporting, support market research activities and customer surveys, development of performance metrics and graphic/trend charting. The Financial Analyst must be able to research, select, and compile financial data from multiple sources, such as sales, production, accounting, or vendors and analyze that data to produce business information used to support decisions. The Financial Analyst will interface with sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and management in carrying out the above responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
- Product Pricing - Develop pricing models working closely with the marketing organization. Prepare customer pricing for new products. Prepare annual price guides for dealers, distributors, and OEM customers. Maintain price codes, discount structure, and price changes in the company's ERP and CRM systems.
- Sales & Margin Reporting - Develop sales and margin reports for management and the sales team on the performance of the business. Analyze trends in geographic regions and customer channels. Maintain integrity of product categories on the roll-out of new products to ensure proper sales reporting. Standardize weekly and monthly sales reports on customers, regions, channels, and product lines.
- Margin Analysis - Analyze gross margin performance by channel and customer against plan and prior year. Identify key drivers in gross margin variances. Analyze the effect of price, volume, and product mix changes on financial results. Identify low margin products.
- Performance Reporting - Prepare reports on the financial performance of the business, track performance against plan on sales promotion initiatives and seasonal sales programs, and identify key drivers of performance from within the detailed financial data.
- Financial Analysis - Prepare financial analysis on the success of new product business cases, provide financial support on special projects, and develop graphical trends on performance.
- Budget - Develop the annual sales budget by channel and region incorporating growth, price, mix, and new product assumptions. Prepare the cost of goods sold and gross margin budget and coordinate the development of department budgets. Develop the annual income statement budget.
- Forecasting - Develop leading indicators to provide guidance on projected orders. Create sales forecasts.
- Support market research activities with relevant financial information. Collect and graph customer survey results.
- Performance Metrics - Develop performance metrics to monitor business performance, summarize data into trends/graphs, and report on progress against targets.
Other duties may be assigned.
Education: BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred or AA degree with additional related experience.
Experience: 5 years of finance experience in a similar role. Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, VLOOKUP functionality, and graphical interpretations. Proficiency developing reports and management presentations. Familiarity with Microsoft Access or other database programs. Experience using Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems helpful but not required.
Skills: Ability to manage and summarize large amounts of data with accuracy. Excellent analysis skills. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Flexible team player who effectively prioritizes multiple concurrent tasks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Computer, calculator, general office machines.
Physical Demands: Sitting, walking, standing, bending and reaching Manual dexterity to operate equipment. Normal range of vision and hearing.
Mental Demands: Ability to analyze and understand many variables. Follow directions, ability to work under pressure, multi-task, strong attention span, persistent, able to maintain
concentration while dealing with distractions.
Working Conditions: The Financial Analyst generally works in an office environment, is
expected to be highly familiar with business operations, and to regularly
interface with all company functional areas.
Reasonable Accommodation: Reasonable accommodation could be achieved in this position in most cases.
We offer an attractive salary with a progressive and a very comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life, disability and 401(k) Plan with a strong company match. We have a strong team oriented work environment and provide a challenging and exciting environment that will allow you the opportunity to grow and succeed while making a significant contribution to the success of our Company.
If you have a positive attitude and the experience and skills noted above we would like to talk with you.
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Employer. No phone calls please.
Curtis Industries, LLC is a Leader in quality cab enclosures for Compact Tractors, Golf Cars, and UTV/Powersports Vehicles located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
This exciting opportunity exists in a rapidly growing, vibrant manufacturing company in Worcester, MA. Based on successfully executing on our growth strategy, Curtis Industries LLC is experiencing extraordinary growth in our business of providing cab enclosures, snow control products, and accessories for the tractor, utility vehicle, and golf car markets. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified and looking to stretch beyond the requirements of the standard to use elements of our QMS as a competitive advantage.
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Employer. No phone calls please.
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 06:43:03 PDT