R & D Chemist
The R & D Chemist duties include formulation of new to our business and CARB compliant products, performance valuation, raw material selection and qualification, sales sample preparation and technology transfer.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- With guidance from the Manager of R&D, plan & develop new and robust formulations and manufacturing processes.
- When required due to regulation change or opportunity, reformulate
products and associated manufacturing processes.
- Develop and publish raw material and product specifications.
- Provide technical support as needed to quality and operations. Serve as a technical advisor when needed.
- In collaboration with purchasing, source, fabricate and approve new chemical and packaging materials.
- Continue to research and maintain a working knowledge of industry and product trends that support new product development.
- Assure that the lab and handling of all chemicals is done consistent with company safety requirements
- Work with sales and marketing in concept development, prototype evaluation, label claims and final product selection
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a BS in chemistry/biology/engineering
- Minimum of 2 years experience in R&D/new product development
- Must have formulation experience of some type/nature
- Working knowledge of R&D Phase Gate Process & Practice
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Data Analysis
- Report Writing
- Thorough understanding of laboratory safety practices
Position Core Competencies:
- Professional Skills & Knowledge
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
As the leading manufacturer of specialty aerosol products, the PLZ Aeroscience family formulates, blends, fills and packages more than 2,500 brand and private label products, including industrial solvents, lubricants and degreasers, adhesives, sanitary supply disinfectants, insecticides, cleaners, polishes and air fresheners and personal care products.
The PLZ Aeroscience family of companies specializes in manufacturing and packaging a comprehensive line of contract fill, brand and private label aerosol products.
Each PLZ Aeroscience business unit is a success story in itself, strong name recognition and brand identities in the industry.
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 08:13:33 PDT