Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Somerset, NJ
Compensation: $34/hr-$43/hr (W2 contractor)
Duration: 2 year contract
This is a first level supervisory position at the client site in Electric Operations/Electric Distribution. Construction Supervisor will be a part of the replacement of old distribution switches, buried underground cables and above ground poles. CDL license is not required. Construction Supervisor will also be traveling to different sites using their own vehicle and will expense mileage. **Construction Supervisor will primarily conduct supervisory and oversight activities, with no physical work involved. The construction forces working for them will be exposed to and handling high voltage (up to 13kV) in accordance with our safe work practices.
- Provide supervision in the overhead construction of new, replacement and upgraded electric outside plant facilities including poles, overhead conductors, and related appurtenances.
- Achieve the desired results for the Company utilizing company values, tools, sound management practices and skills, and a total commitment to teamwork.
- Oversee the activities of outside plant construction (company and contractor) to ensure safe and efficient construction of outside plant facilities.
- Supervise the construction of outside plant electric distribution facilities.
- Assist in the training and development of personnel.
- Strong emphasis in the promoting of safety principles.
- Coach, Counsel and recognize personnel, as required.
- Participate in and conduct investigations involving incidents related to work being performed.
- Assign and direct work to accomplish the desired results in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner.
- Assist in the emergency response and restoration for major events, as required.
- Ability to layout/supervise the work of others.
- Knowledge and ability to train/instruct personnel in work practices and use of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable portions of Company/Union agreement will be applied.
- Must utilize ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
• High school graduate
• Extensive experience in the construction, operation and maintenance of overhead electric distribution facilities.
• Thorough knowledge of Company/Union Agreements
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s and CDL license
• Safety sensitive position. D.O.T. testing required.
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Be able to perform field quality checks of completed work performed by others
• Be organized, with regards to assigned work, follow-up activities, record-keeping/reporting, and follow-up with outstanding items
** Must be legally able to work in the United States
• Experience / working knowledge of DWMS/SAP and other computer applications.
Tri-Power Consulting Services goal is to help Engineering, IT and Admin TOP TALENT obtain contract jobs with our large Electric Power Utility client as well as other reputable clients. Let us give you the opportunity you are looking for - Apply today!!
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 20:13:44 PDT