Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Job Title: Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Job ID: 24066
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3300
Department: Information Technology
About the Position
The Vice President of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer is a new position created under the leadership of SJSU¿s new President, Mary A. Papazian. The VPIT/CIO is now part of the President's Cabinet and will play an integral role in developing university wide strategies and action plans.
The VPIT/CIO will be joining a new administration, entering a time of transition within SJSU that will bring forward a renewed sense of vision and purpose. As the VPIT/CIO of one of the leading public comprehensive universities in the country, this individual has the unique opportunity to have an immense impact on technology and education, not only within SJSU and the CSU system, but across the nation. To do so, the next VPIT/CIO of San José State University will work to address the following key areas:
- Develop and articulate a compelling vision for the future of IT in concert with University leadership, faculty, staff and students
- Evaluate and reshape the structure of the Information Technology division
- Advance new initiatives and technologies on campus that directly support the success of SJSU students, faculty and staff
- Support, promote and develop Information Technology staff
- Build out strategies for external engagement and revenue development
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.