Audio Visual Field Technician
Well versed in the area of Audio Visual equipment and its installation to include interactive boards and projectors, Digital Signage, displays, conference rooms, control systems, and video walls. Applicant will need to become knowledgeable with various mounting approaches, whether ceiling, wall, or column mounted. Knowledge in the area of low voltage cabling is required. Design experience in solution hardware/software, cabling, installation and training users is preferred.
The Technician will work with Audio Video technicians and various trades to fulfill installation requirements from Post-Sales Design through implementation and on to Final System Commissioning. The Technician will provide project specific guidance to the AV Installation Technicians to complete high level physical installation tasks with professionalism in the corporate environment.
- Ability to manage projects and provide daily field reports to the Project Manager.
- Basic understanding of AV installation, construction techniques and structured cabling.
- Proficiency with hand/power tools, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts. Ability to run cable and solder, crimp and compress the vast array of AV interfaces and connectors.
- Comprehension of wiring schematics and architectural drawings.
- Experience with test equipment required for commissioning.
- Commitment to work under pressure within specified deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire to work for a professional company.
- Willing and able to take classes and/or training for industry specific knowledge and certifications
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Basic installation experience with Extron, Crestron, Biamp or other commercial manufacturers.
- Basic knowledge and experience physical installing: projection screens, display mounts, ceiling speakers, wired microphones and equipment racks.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in the work they perform
- Part of a team providing AV installation service to various clients with an emphasis on quality and professionalism. We are looking for people with a positive attitude, attention to detail and a passion for providing extraordinary customer service. The position is responsible for participating and completing multi-phase AV projects and tasks.
- Responsible for all field project requirements and providing a daily project update with hours worked and any job specific information that may affect the project's original completion requirements. The position is also responsible for all project documentation including markup drawings for as built documentation, commissioning report, and close out documentation.
- Required to complete assignments in a timely manner while working with other Field Technicians to complete the specified task. The ideal candidate possesses the desire to learn procedures, increase technical knowledge and refine customer relation skills.
- MUST be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- At least 4 years' experience installing complex Audio Video Systems.
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary.
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Daly Computers has been a trusted IT service provider to government and education customers for over 30 years. Our mission is to combine innovative technologies and services into solutions to help our customers succeed in their mission. Each solution is customized to our customers unique specification and environment for optimal benefit, matching industry-leading technology with a sound deployment and execution strategy.
Daly is experiencing tremendous growth and offers exciting career opportunities for IT professionals. We provide an excellent opportunity for training and growth.
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 09:21:07 PDT