Customer Support Expeditor
iXsystems, an industry leader in open source storage solutions (FreeNAS, TrueNAS, PC-BSD), is on the lookout for committed, experienced and enthusiastic Customer Support Expeditor to facilitate the efficient resolution of customer support cases. We are therefore looking for individuals who are highly driven and able to work closely within the Support Team in efficiently fielding support cases.
Candidate should be able to ensure support cases are properly serviced in a timely manner with the appropriate support resources. A strong understanding in the handling of support tickets and escalation practices is required to ensure high quality resolutions of customer support cases are executed in a timely manner. Familiarity of enterprise storage concepts along with networking infrastructure components awareness is highly desired. Strong customer focus is a must along with demonstrable skills and competencies in a wide variety of categories, including:
• Ensuring tickets and bugs are up to date across their progress through completion
• Understanding support boundaries across tiers, functions, and departments
• Communications and coordination of support resources as well as customers
• Overseeing and summarizing ongoing statuses of tickets
• Ability to identify and report emerging ticketing trends
• Facilitating and conducting ticket status review meetings
• Handling of multiple priorities simultaneously
• Triaging new support requests (phone and email) as needed
• Supporting special projects as needed
• Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products
• Scheduling support events based on customer requirements
• Producing tracking reports to ensure support tickets are serviced efficiently
• Experience working in a support organization dealing with enterprise customers
• Identify when escalations are required across the Support Team or with appropriate supporting departments (Sales, Engineering, etc.)
• Great working environment, contributing and participating in a great team
• Ability to work closely with a popular open source project, as well as commercial variants
• Health/Dental coverage after 90 days
• Compensation is competitive, based on experience
• All work to be done on-site at our San Jose, CA office
Qualified candidates should respond with a copy of their current resum as well as any pertinent contact details so that we can arrange a short phone conversation to assess our mutual interest.
iXsystems is an industry pioneer in building innovative enterprise storage, server, and software products focused on Open Source technology. We build datacenter solutions for some of the largest and most forward-thinking companies in the world, and we also develop some of the world's most popular Open Source software: FreeNAS and PC-BSD. The driving principle behind everything we do at iXsystems is the belief that Open Source technology has the power to change the world through its process of open and collaborative innovation. This Open Source ecosystem enables us to succeed and helps us empower our clients to do the same.
With thousands of clients, in nearly every industry sector, iXsystems has been in business for nearly a decade and a half, remaining, profitable, debt-free, and growing consistently since our humble beginnings. At iX, creating an unforgettable customer experience and lasting relationships is our foremost focus: clients are treated like friends, and employees like family.
We're looking for talented, like-minded, hard working individuals to join forces with us in the fight to disrupt the traditional approach to building storage, servers, and software for the betterment of technology and the world as a whole.
At iXsystems, we pride ourselves on being unique. What makes us unique are the varied characteristics of those who have joined us throughout the years. Though we have many different personalities, this vibe helps bring us together to work not only as a team, but also as a family. iXsystems started this company with two good friends and a few loved ones, who shared a passion for Open Source and customer satisfaction. We expect each new team member to flourish in their position and share the same energy and drive, as well as embody the integrity, professionalism, and technical acumen that makes us the most unique and exciting technology companies in the industry.
At the heart of those values, iXsystems also revels in one simple fact -- that we have recruited the best. To welcome new members into the iX family, we offer great perks and benefits including (but not limited to):
*Great working environment, contributing and participating in a great team
*Ability to work closely with popular open source projects
*Competitive Compensation, based on experience (this role is base salary + uncapped commission)
*Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, personal, holidays, birthday
*Medical, Dental, Life, 401k - with some options being 100% employer paid premiums
*Lounge areas with darts, Netflix/Hulu, arcade games, music/jam room, and weight room
*Annual Company Picnic, Annual Holiday Party, BBQs, weekly fitness bootcamp, and bowling events
San Jose, CA
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 16:46:21 PDT