Executive Assistant to the Chancellor - Office of the Chancellor (A1700209)
Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
Office of the Chancellor
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Internal to campus
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the Chancellor. The primary role is to provide high-level assistance to the Chancellor in carrying out the administrative functions of the office. In addition, serves as the Chancellor's liaison with key campus and community stakeholders. The Executive Assistant to the Chancellor will provide leadership and supervision to administrative personnel in the Chancellor's Office.
Major responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day workflow of the Chancellor. This includes overseeing a complex calendar, monitoring all incoming mail, drafting responses, and keeping the Chancellor aware of daily messages and events.
- Work closely with the Chancellor to provide him with input on office and campus activities and serves as the primary contact for units needing to work with the Chancellor.
- Office Management-Staff Liaison: Responsible for operating and maintaining the efficient management and workflow of a complex administrative office.
- Responsible for supervision of the staff which include interviewing, hiring, reclassification, evaluations, disciplinary action, counseling staff on civil service rules and procedures, training, and approval of vacation and sick leave.
- Develop and implement operational policies with in the Office of the Chancellor and ensure the office is responsive to the needs of the University.
- Special Projects: Plan, coordinate, and implement special projects and programs on behalf of the Chancellor.
- Represent the Chancellor in meetings with other members of the campus, such as other members of the campus administration or representatives from subsidiary units reporting to the Chancellor which includes: Provost's office, Vice Chancellor for Research.
- Serve as confidential assistant and primary resource person to the Chancellor in handling and safeguarding sensitive and confidential documents and issues.
- Independently conduct research for the Chancellor relating to current issues and projects using a variety of University, State and national resources. Use initiative in determining what resources should be investigated. Prepare draft presentations and reports.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree.
Preferred Education: Master's degree.
Required experience, skills and abilities include:
- Five years of experience in a professional level management position with responsibility for supervising staff, managing administrative projects and processes and providing liaison with high-level political, organizational, and business constituents on behalf of an employer or executive officer.
- Proven unparalleled ability to maintain confidentiality and managerial discretion.
- Current affiliation with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Must have or quickly gain knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures of the University, as well as the established precedents.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate and collaborate with all levels of university employees.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage a variety of complex projects simultaneously with accuracy and detail in a complex environment with changing deadlines, priorities and frequent interruptions.
- High level interpersonal skills, including tact, good judgment, diplomacy and flexibility.
- Exceptional poise under pressure at all times.
Procedure for candidacy:
For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by no later than April 20, 2017. Interested candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu; submit an application, resume, letter of interest as well as a list of at least three professional references including contact information. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a regular, full-time, twelve-month academic professional position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Start date will be as soon as possible after the closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Office of the Chancellor
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Chancellor
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 04/06/2017
Close Date: 04/20/2017