Sr. Back-End Engineer 08453
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help develop scalable backend services for a cross-platform, shared server development framework that will support large social engagement through shared gameplay. This position works closely with art, design, and production team members. You will work with the tools team, prototyping team, and core framework team to help improve the product's content pipeline and overall product stability. You will have a critical eye for improvements across our application technology and process: workflow, code quality, stability, and performance.
• Propose, design, and implement services to help manage large amounts of user data for multiplayer gaming.
• Function as an integral member of the engineering team, creating services to allow users to play together.
• Support the client engineering teams to develop new application features.
• Create & maintain tools to improve scalability, performance, system health, load balancing, latency, security, and all other factors involved in a game server backend.
• Mentor junior engineers on coding standards, code quality, and writing performant code, to ensure the product runs optimally and at scale.
• Minimum of 5 years developing high traffic, multiplayer, server solutions.
• Experience with modern backend technologies: like Java + Google Compute/App Engine or other cloud architecture, like AWS / EC2, LAMP stack, Scala, etc.
• Some experience with scalable NoSQL solutions.
• Experience with technical issues related to multiplayer mobile gaming - synchronization, intermittent connectivity, client/server, dead reckoning, user accounts, etc.
• Some experience with large social graph datasets.
• Some knowledge of large scale infrastructure and elder user issues, including: performance, growth, and load spikes issues.
• Willing and able to work under tight deadlines to deliver products on time.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skill.
• BA/BS/MS Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with cross-platform, shared server development environments and the issues that come along with them.
• Strong Experience with large social graph datasets.
• Heavy experience with NoSQL solutions like Google Cloud solutions, Couchbase, etc.
• Working knowledge of load testing methodology.
• Comfortable context switching in order to support multiple projects
• Experience with one or more public cloud services (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure).
• Working knowledge of build and release process and tools (git, P4, Jenkins, CI).
• Some experience with client side server integration.
• Some familiarity with most aspects of game development: art generation, engineering, design, scripting, QA, marketing.
• Understanding of mobile economies, Free to Play mechanics and design concepts.
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, with additional offices in Lorton, VA, Houston, TX and field offices in Washington, D.C. & Los Angeles, CA, as well as international locations, Akorbi is ISO 9001, and WBE certified.
Mountain View, CA
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:04:19 PDT