Media Specialist II
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-029
Posting Start Date: 4/6/2017
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Media Specialist II
A Multimedia Specialist II is responsible for:
- Answer/respond to all clients' calls for audio/visual support over the phone or in-person.
- Setup desktops, laptops, screens & LCD projectors, for meetings and events.
- Setup microphones and sound systems and lighting for meeting and events.
- Setup equipment for video teleconferencing.
- May coordinate and test installed systems and equipment in various rooms.
- Travel to off-site locations to resolve audio and video problems and perform installation of systems if necessary.
- Think and work individually, and as a team player displaying a positive attitude, especially when communicating with clients.
- Associate's degree in an information technology or related discipline
- 3 years' installation experience with complex AV systems projects
- 2 years basic computer skills;
- Bachelor's degree in any related discipline
- 1 year experience installing and programming Crestron/Extron systems
- 3 years' experience setting up sound/mixing boards and lighting
- 3 years in photography
- Final Cut, Light Room, and Global View training and experience
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.