LIBRARY SERVICE ASST I/II
Duties: Oversee daily operations in the resource sharing section of the Van Pelt Library mail room.
* Under the general supervision of professional staff, responsible for the daily operations of the interlibrary loan office, including operation of various ILL and documents delivery systems, and printing and scanning software.
* May supervise, train and/or assign work to student assistants and provide cross-training to other staff.
* Maintain records and files established in the Libraries to govern the circulation and preservation of collections and related patron information.
* Perform tasks associated with processing borrowing requests for our patrons and lending requests from other institutions, including printing requests, retrieving materials, scanning and electronically delivering materials, and preparing volumes for shipping.
* Resolve patron problems, communicate with patrons by phone, email or other means, enforce library regulations and facilitate use of library facilities and resources.
* Perform duties described under Library Clerk job category, as needed.
Qualifications: * Strong service orientation and demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues and the public.
* Familiarity with library operations and automated library systems.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Good judgment and the ability to work independently.
* Attention to detail.
* Dependable and reliable.
* Ability to respect the privacy of library patron and their information.
* Familiarity with standard office productivity software (e.g. MS Word and Excel)
* The ability to work flexibly, as functional needs in the unit may require shifting from one task to another at short notice.
* Ability to retrieve books from the stacks, push loaded book trucks and lift books and packages up to 40 pounds.
Reference Number: 50-25473
Salary Grade: U/U
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Departmental Libraries Public Svs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 1-Unionized