ASSOC DIR OF THE MASTER OF BEHAV AND DEC SCIENCES
Duties: The central duty of the Associate Director position is to work closely with the Faculty Director of the Master of Behavioral and Decision Sciences to ensure the successful launch of the program and take responsibility for organizational and operational activities to make the program flourish. The Associate Director provides support to the Faculty Director with the goal of strengthening existing elements of the program and adding new elements to the program where needed. Two central operational responsibilities of the position are the recruiting and advising of the students in the MBDS program. The Associate Director, in partnership with LPS, designs marketing initiatives, organizes recruitment events, interviews applicants, and then works to ensure that students in the program have a positive and rewarding experience. The Associate Director works with administrative staff to ensure that deadlines and goals are met; provides course support for MBDS faculty and adjunct teaching instructors when needed; coordinates the MBDS Faculty Committee; advises students in course selection; ensures that students are properly registered and meet all registration deadlines.
Other duties include:
* Develops relationships with prospective private and public sector employers (including alumni) and organize, nurture and develop these relationships
* Works with employers and alumni to link students to internships and residency programs
* Works with SAS Office of Advancement to identify funding to support internship and residency programs and career exploration initiatives
* Recruits and interviews students through in-person information sessions, both nationally and internationally, as well as through Social Media and other outlets
* Advises students in crafting a coherent, interdisciplinary concentration in the MBDS program
* Oversees student internship and research experiences, serves as the main point of contact for university partnerships, assists with student life issues, helps plan orientation, school-year events, and the commencement ceremony in conjunction with LPS
*Develops and disseminates the course schedule; reviews student progress toward completion of the degree requirements; and assists the Faculty Director in the implementation of new programs, projects and other initiatives
Qualifications: A Master's Degree with 3 to 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required. A PhD and experience in academia is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will not only possess a strong academic background in an area of social sciences, psychology, neuroscience, or social and public policy, but have the ability to cross fields of study and lead an interdisciplinary program.
Must be able to lead curriculum development and implementation, working with faculty from diverse fields of study. Experience with the Institutional Review Board (IRB), experiments, or behavioral sciences is also preferred. The ideal candidate will not only have experience in advising students, but have the ability to promote the program to both internal and external audiences, building relationships and networking with key organizations. Must have the ability to work with a diverse group of constituents, including colleagues, faculty, current and prospective students, alumni, external companies, and foundations.
This position requires someone with excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, a solid appreciation for and commitment to the vision and agenda of the MBDS Program, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a sense of humor. It also requires a commitment to details and excellence in program management and a willingness to contribute creatively to the growth of the MBDS Program.
Reference Number: 02-25422
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: LPS Administration
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration