Commercial Contracts Attorney - Associate General Counsel
Provides legal advice and serves as in-house counsel to Strayer University on contractual matters.
- Primary responsibility for negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts such as agreements with employees, vendors, consultants, and corporate alliances; drafting legal documents and policies
- Assist with litigation and administrative proceedings involving contracts and commercial disputes
- Investigate legal issues and recommend action to administrators, primarily related to the University's contractual obligations
- Assist with general corporate matters
- Provides legal and compliance training to in-house clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- At least five years of experience in the practice of law
- At least two years of experience in negotiating/drafting contracts
- Higher education experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Strong computer/word processing skills, including knowledge of standard Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to apply independent judgment in a dynamic environment.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Bar admission in one or more of the following jurisdictions: Virginia, Maryland or Washington, DC.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.