Adjunct Faculty in Accounting
Adjunct Faculty provides quality education and maintains high standards of academic excellence in teaching assigned courses in discipline. This role also conducts office hours as assigned.
NOTE: All applications must have copies of Unofficial Transcripts to receive full consideration. This is an on-site position, not online.
- Teach courses as assigned
- Conduct office hours as deemed necessary
- Establish high standards and assure students understand how they will be evaluated
- Establish specific goals or courses of action for students to accomplish
- Maintain adequate records of student progress
- Assist the Campus Dean and Department Heads in evaluating course objectives
- Maintain smooth course operation and adherence to policies and procedures
- Attend faculty meetings and discipline workshops as required
- Participate in early registration activities; retention, early degree completion
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Accounting; CPA License preferred
- Masters in Accounting accompanied by an active CPA License
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic evaluation
- Proficiency in oral presentation skills, planning and organizing of course objectives
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional certification in discipline specialty (if applicable)
- Must be able to travel 0 % of time
- Must be able to lift 2 lbs
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.