SLI Tutor - Korean (Summer 2017)
SLI Tutor - Korean (Summer 2017)
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 05/01/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a SLI Tutor - Korean. The Summer Language Institute (SLI) is an intensive, residential language program. The SLI covers the content of two semesters (1001 + 1002) of language learning in a 6-week period. Tutors are an integral part of the program; they work under the supervision of SLI faculty and in collaboration with the resident tutors to provide assistance to SLI students.
Tutors may be responsible for activities such as taking attendance, monitoring language lab sessions, assisting students in language assignments such as conversation drills, homework, test preparation, leading discussions, etc. Tutors are expected to attend extracurricular activities and assist the instructor in the preparation and logistics of such activities. Tutors are expected to work 7 days/week, including weekends and holidays, during the program. They cannot commit to taking summer courses during the second half of the summer semester and/or maintaining a second job. Program dates: June 18 - July 30, 2017.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Summer Language Institute Tutor will:
- Take attendance, monitor lab sessions, meal times, and other scheduled activities specified in the tutor schedule.
- Engage the students in conversing in the target language. Be firm, strict, and encouraging when working with the students on their oral assignments. Set a good example for the student participants.
- Lead discussions, give presentations, and participate in field trips and other activities over the duration of the program.
- Help students with their homework, projects, preparation for class, tests, exams, etc.
- Grade homework and quizzes under the instructor's supervision.
- Perform other tasks designated by the instructor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Native or near-native language proficiency preferred.
- Previous experience in intensive language program preferred.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- College level language courses completed at the 2002-level minimum.
- High school diploma
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.