RN Case Manager
Working Title: RN Case Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 04-06-2017
The Blue Ridge Care Connection for Children seeks a Case Manager to provide care connection services to special need children. The incumbent facilitates the delivery of quality services by application of case management principles while utilizing policies, procedures, and quality standards in order to maintain customer satisfaction and to achieve optimal outcome. The incumbent serves the following age groups; Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescence, and Adult to 21st birthday. This position requires incumbent to travel to various locations for clinic appointments, home appointments, and education-related conferences.
Competitive candidates must possess at minimum an Associate's degree or Equivalent. Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State Board of Nursing of the Commonwealth of Virginia and possess a valid Driver's License or have the ability to travel to multiple sites. Position requires access to personal transportation. A minimum of one year in health care or social services case management experience is also required. Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations regarding individuals with disabilities along with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards related to position chief objective required. Candidates must be proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook. A Bachelor's Degree with one to three years' experience in public health nursing, home health care, pediatrics nursing, discharge planning, and/or utilization management and Case Management Certification preferred.
This is a restricted position and employment is dependent on funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations regarding individuals with disabilities.
2. Knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) standards related to position chief objective.
3. Ability to demonstrate aptitude for compliance with UVA policies, procedures, and customer service philosophy.
4. Ability to advocate for the needs of the client when faced with challenges.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively. .
6. Excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Strong conflict resolution skills.
8. Ability to make presentations to small and large groups.
9. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
10. Ability to adapt to changes in work roles and expectations in order to accomplish client/department goals.
11. Access to personal transportation.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81571