EE Engineer - PCB Design
Exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated electrical engineer to become an important member of a fast-paced, young and ambitious team at the forefront of the LED lighting revolution. Great chance to apply skills in electrical engineering, manufacturing and business to bring new products to market. Ideal position for someone with 5-10 years experience with a entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for making a difference. Microcontroller programming and LED lighting controls experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Design, development and testing of LED modules and circuits for new LED lighting products for both our OEM customers and internal design teams.
- Generate engineering documentation such as specifications, schematics, BOM, cost models and engineering verification test reports.
- Support production scale-up working with in-house SMT assembly team.
- Work with UL and CE agencies to fast track approvals processes.
- Work with team members on technical and engineering drawings using Solidworks.
- Talk to vendors and get quotes for volume supply of parts.
- Supporting product marketing activities.
- 5-10 years relevant work experience with BSEE or MSEE in electrical or electro-mechanical engineering subject.
- Strong working knowledge of DC and AC electrical circuits, microcontrollers and sensors.
- PCB design, prototyping and testing.
- Programming skills for microcontrollers, e.g. C/C++, Basic a plus
- Working knowledge of UL, ETL approvals process and design requirements.
- SMT and PCB assembly experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Solidworks skills and interest in mechanical design a plus.
- Bonus points for optics, thermal management and mechanical engineering experience to complement electrical background.
- Ideally exposure of working within an LED lighting or related field working on products from concept to manufacturing or delivery to customer.
- Great personality with strong business presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A flair for product design and a passion for making a difference.
Fusion Optix is a world leader in LED light engines and optics. We design, develop and manufacture components and modules that are used in lighting fixtures, lamps and bulbs. We are a hard working, collegiate and international team that are revolutionizing the way people light their lives. Our compensation and benefits are designed to attract, reward and retain the best talent. We reward performance and In addition to competitive base salaries we offer bonuses and profit related pay. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Fidelity 401K with 6% company matching, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage. Our philosophy is to reward quality work, excellent customer service, high performing results and team building wherever we can, Fusion Optix promotes from within wherever possible.
Fusion Optix was recently voted by Red Herring as one of the Top100 most innovative companies in the Americas and listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing manufacturing company in the US. We have sold products to 40 countries worldwide and our customers include some of the world's most distinguished brands. We are recognized as industry leaders in optics and our patented innovations can be found in products used every day in business or the home. As well as, the demanding scientific, medical, military and aerospace applications. Our company headquarter is in Woburn MA where we house our main air conditioned cleanroom production operations.
Visit our website (http://www.fusionoptix.com) or follow us on twitter (@fusionoptix).
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 05:46:33 PDT