Food Service Storekeeper - Center for Jewish Life
Requisition # 2017-7353
Department Campus Dining
Category Food Services and Dining
Date Posted 4/6/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. If you are a chef by profession, love to mentor and teach, are a student at heart, and believe that community engagement happens around food, we'd love to hear from you! We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
- Checks incoming foodstuffs and staples to ensure satisfactory delivery, stores goods in temperature-controlled areas to prevent decomposition, and physically delivers foodstuffs to the various units within the Department of Food Services. Monitors security of operation to prevent theft and other losses.
- Inspects for quality and damage, checks and verifies shipment against bill of lading.
- Receives, unpacks and sorts incoming merchandise.
- Stores stock in proper storeroom at proper temperature, and maintains a constant rotation of stock through the FIFO (first-in/first-out) method.
- Documents and attaches appropriate bills of lading to freight shipments.
- Packs, wraps, boxes or crates materials to be shipped.
- May load or unload merchandise from cars or trucks.
- Makes deliveries in University vehicles of foodstuffs and supplies.
- Reports security violations to supervisors.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisors.
Education and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Some stockroom experience desirable; may be trained on the job.
- Must be familiar with principles of sanitation in storage and rotation of stock and supplies.
- Must be able to interpret specifications on purchase orders and invoices.
- Must be accurate and prompt in receiving stock and filling requisitions of supplies.
- Must have initiative and judgment in handling and issuing supplies.
- Must be honest, accurate, and capable of making simple arithmetic calculations.
- Must work cooperatively with others.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to handle valuable merchandise in a satisfactory manner.
- Ability to make sound independent judgments.
- Ability to comprehend, and respond to inquiries from clients and staff.
- Flexibility with scheduling. Weekend work, late hours, extended hours, and work outside unit required.Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for a total of 6-8 hours per day;
- Sit for no more than 2 hours during an 8 hour day, except for cashiers and card checkers who may sit for 2 - 4 hours at one time for a total of 4 - 6 hours per day;
- Lift or carry up to 30 pounds frequently (34 - 66% of the workday);
- Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday);
- Push or pull using forces up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday);
- Frequently use hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing or pulling with forces up to 30 pounds (34 - 66% of the workday);
- Bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, lift overhead occasionally (less than 33% of the work day);
- Lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead; lift 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to chest height;
- Work under a range of temperature conditions (e.g., kitchens, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, etc.);
- Possess physical agility, full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance.
All Campus Dining employees are considered essential and are expected to be available to work as directed by the department during emergencies and certain campus events.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check and post-offer pre-employment physical successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
SEU-Service Employees Inter Union
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University requires some candidates to complete a physical capacity exam successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of physical capacity exam may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to our careers site.