IT Manager I
IT Manager I
IT Manager I
Classroom Support - 110181
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; some variance
Classroom Support Services provides services that thrive on integration and teamwork with UNT students, faculty, staff, private vendors and other on-campus service providers to work towards a shared goal of the best classroom experience possible.
The Classroom Support Services at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Manager I to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Responsibility and ownership of the day-to-day technical management of an area.
* Duties include managing servers, software, web services and hardware. *
* Providing expertise in various system environments.
* Ensuring backups, disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and effective.
* Preparing system specific budgets.
* Investigating problem situations that require a working knowledge of IT concepts and in some cases new hardware or software solutions.
* Position's primary focus is on ensuring technological needs continue to meet the demands of daily operations.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department
* Considerable knowledge of principles of computing and/or communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environments
* Ability to supervise and train subordinates
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware
* Ability to assimilate, retain, and utilize technical and applications-oriented information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting