Operations Support and Services Manager
The Operations Support and Services Manager will be responsible for the administrative coordination of LASP support services to include management of front-office receptionist activities, internal event management and facilitation, control of common office supplies and equipment, utilization and sustainment of personal work spaces, scheduling and maintenance of common areas and conference rooms, physical security access control processes and procedures, parking management for both employees and visitors, and efficient operation of the mailroom and other lab wide communications. This is a supervisory position with staff management responsibilities and decision-making authority in regards to the areas of responsibility. This position reports to the Executive Associate Director of LASP.
Job Duties Supervision/Management:
Manage and supervise a team of professionals that are critical to the operations and support of LASP space research projects and grants, community relations, scientific and engineering sponsored research activities, and far-reaching global, federal, and private sector relationships. Must be able lead a team successfully with tact and skill in a dynamic support environment.
• Develop and implement processes and procedures regarding LASP visitors to promote, support, and protect LASP business operations.
• Manage day-to-day activities of front-office support staff which includes: greeting visitors, answering general questions, physical security access control functions, sorting and delivering mail, answering and routing incoming calls, and other office tasks, such as faxing, minor bookkeeping or cashiering, and maintaining lobby area orderliness.
• Work closely with LASP Event Hosts and Coordinators to coordinate events in a timely and cost-effective way. Coordinate program and event logistics, oversee set-up and take-down of programs and events, process event calendaring, meeting room applications, schedules, and adjudicate conflicts, and supervise front-office support staff in the completion of these activities.
Common Office Supplies and Equipment
• Manage the budgeting, ordering, delivery, control, use, and disposal of office supplies and office equipment, other than information technology-related equipment to include issuing of supplies and equipment to users and providing maintenance services for office equipment. Includes the following: procurement, stocking, inventory control, storage, distribution, and disposal.
Work Space Management
• Retain cognizance of office work space utilization, assignment, standard furnishings, and effectively manage the set-up, sustainment, disposal of office equipment and furnishings.
Common Area Management
• Coordinate, schedule, and manage the use, decorum, and capability sustainment of LASP common areas, to include lobbies, conference rooms, respite rooms, kitchens, pantries, patios, hallways, and those areas outside and/or adjacent to entrances and exits.
• Responsible for the physical protection of personnel, facilities, installations, or other sensitive materials, resources or processes. Assess and facilitate resolution of physical security and safety concerns for LASP buildings.
• Serve as LASP liaison with CU Parking Office to coordinate parking requirements for events, visitors, and LASP employees requiring permanent and temporary parking permits. Budget for and manage temporary parking permits.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years' office management supervisory experience, or equivalent
• As a supervisor must be able to foster an environment of attentiveness, initiative, loyalty, maturity, respect for others, confidentiality and discretion, a positive attitude and dependability
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. This person must be comfortable interacting with employees at all levels of the organization
• Excellent analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Excellent attention-to-detail
• Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Familiarity working in a research institute and academic environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com. The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Apr 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732395