Administrative Assistant III
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Administrative Assistant III
Position #636595 - Requisition 09116
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and technical support for the Chair and faculty of the department of Restorative Dentistry in the areas of teaching, research and administrative matters, to function independently in organizing, implementing and supervising daily department operations. This position will facilitate and effectively communicate the daily scheduling of full and part-time faculty. Helps new faculty assimilate into the department and establishes continuing communication with part-time and volunteer faculty. Manages details of School committees when Restorative Department faculty assumes the role Chair of committee. This position will serve as the secondary Clinical Scheduler. This position will provide technical support to the department, administration and multiple divisions across the school for support of the clinical and student scheduling operations.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Prepare, manage and monitor the department budget/operating account and the faculty development account
- Accesses the accounting system to run reports of the expenses in these accounts, prepares ad hoc reports, reconciles financial statements, and completes tasks necessary to correct any discrepancies
- Exercises approval authority for procurement actions requiring the use of purchase requests, purchase orders, invoices and travel actions
- Determines proper accounts for EZA card transactions and monitors expenditures for appropriateness and proper accounting of departmental transactions
- Orders materials from dental suppliers, receives shipments placed with these suppliers
- Prepares, manages and monitors promotion and tenure departmental documentation and administer process.
- Prepares monthly faculty leave summary sheets showing the number of vacation and sick days taken and remaining
- Arranges transportation and lodging accommodations and prepares travel expense reports
- Proofreads and edits correspondence, scientific documents and instructional course material and letters of recommendation, photocopies material for classes in the department; proctors exams when requested
- Schedules rooms for department meetings, practice meetings and team meetings
- Attends department meetings and prepares minutes
- Processes faculty clinical appointments
- Prior to each semester, sends clinical schedule to part-time and volunteer faculty to establish availability for clinic coverage, relays information to Program Assistant clinical scheduler and compiles course syllabi for courses taught in the Restorative Department curriculum.
- Manage all details of select committees when a Restorative faculty member assumes the role of Chair of the committee.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3,384 - $3,740 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
• Three (3) years of general clerical or administrative experience, which included one (1) year of experience with working with faculty in an academic environment.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
• College, university of non-correspondence business school course work may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general experience but not for the specific experience.
• Experience processing and reconciling financial information and transactions.
• Experience working with faculty, staff, and students in a medical or dental environment.
COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to handle sensitive matters that require discretion and confidentiality.
• Highly organized professional with high integrity and discretion.
• Ability to work expediently and proficiently.
• Effective with response time, timelines and follow through.
• Ability to work as a member of a team within a collaborative environment.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until April 21, 2017 or until 75 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20421 - SDM-Dept Restorative Dentistry
Posting Date: Apr 6, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Koehmstedt
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00636595