Shift Manager - Fuzzy's Taco
Shift Manager - Fuzzy's Taco
Food Service Manager I
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours vary depending on location
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods in our Dining Halls. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Food Service Manager I to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Daily supervision of food presentation and exceptional Guest service in the Retail Dining Operation.
* Manage an internal or national food branded concept. Duties include ordering, receiving and stocking, inventory, training in-house and brand standards, line service, food safety, action stations, supervising/instructing the work of cooks and other food service employees.
* Follows food safety policies, procedures, and standards for in house or national brand compliance.
* This role typically functions as an expert in a specified area of work or services (brand standards, service standards, production standards, opening or closing assigned areas, equipment usage,) etc. Duties are standardized, resolves and routing questions where issues have occurred. Will be required to work some weekends.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and two years of experience in food service management; or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training. Must be Food Safe Certified or able to get certification within 6 months. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge of food preparation and food service management in a large food service unit.
* Thorough knowledge of employee health, kitchen cleanliness, and sanitation requirements.
* Thorough knowledge of hazards to human life and health that can occur from improper food preservation and service.
* Thorough knowledge of kitchen equipment, kitchen implements, and advanced food preparation and processing procedures.
* Skill in the preparation and service of food.
* Skill in training, supervising, and evaluating the work of subordinates
* Ability to maintain time and cash receipts records.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
* Service Etiquette
* Rigidity with compliance to documented service and production standards
* Ability to identify and seek help when needed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Fuzzys Taco Experience a plus
* Great work ethics
* Outgoing personality
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new UNT Union Retail Dining operations
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting