University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Neurology has an immediate opening for a full time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for the Rocky Mountain MS Center at the University of Colorado. This position will provide acute and chronic outpatient care of MS patients including symptomatic therapy, disease-modifying therapy, health maintenance care, and acute and chronic management of a small number of patients with intrathecal baclofen pumps.
Job Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Acute and chronic outpatient care of MS patients including symptomatic therapy, disease-modifying therapy, health maintenance care, and acute and chronic management of a small number of patients with intrathecal baclofen pumps.
- Participation in clinical trials of MS therapies.
- Education of nursing staff, physician assistants, pharmacy staff, medical students, and neurology residents.
- Periodic presentation of lectures to patients and others regarding MS and its treatment.
- Service as first contact for clinician level patient communications.
- Assistance in management and coordination of outpatient program for the Rocky Mountain MS Center (RMMSC) at the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Collaboration with staff from the RMMSC in development and execution of joint programs.
- Ongoing CME is required.
- BA/BS degree and advanced PA or NP degree
- License to practice in Colorado.
- Applicant must be willing to care for patients with a chronic, sometimes severe illness.
Significant experience with neurological patients, especially MS patients, and/or experience in management of chronic diseases in a subspecialty environment. Experience in primary care medicine is desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09026
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20244 - SOM-Neurology
Posting Date: Apr 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheena Bohannon
Posting Contact Email: SHEENA.BOHANNON@UCDENVER.EDU
Position Number: 00732469