INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT
JOB NO.: 89930-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: L&S/LEARNING SUPP SV/LSS
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Instructional Design
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 89930-AS
Working Title: Instructional Technology Consultant
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Hiring Department: A485000-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/LEARNING SUPP SV/LSS
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $43,432 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: Bachelor's Degree
Degree preferred from a discipline in the College of Letters & Science, Education, or a related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: Required:
* Experience providing instructional technology consulting and support, instructional design, course
development, and/or instructor training
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate on complex projects with diverse teams including faculty, academic staff, graduate teaching assistants, librarians, technologists, designers
* Strong interpersonal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
* Demonstrated knowledge of, training in, and proficiency with using computer-based audio and video technologies
* Experience recording, editing, and distributing audio and video content
* Demonstrated ability to balance priorities and manage deadlines
* Experience making online and blended courses in a modern learning management system (experience with Instructure's Canvas especially helpful)
* Applied coursework or professional certification in media production
* Familiarity with principles of instructional design and awareness of trends in applied educational technology
* Previous teaching experience and/or experience training instructors in a higher education environment
The successful candidate will exhibit professionalism, attention to detail, a desire to learn, and take initiative. The candidate will have the ability to adapt and respond to change, manage multiple tasks, and work independently as needed.
Position Summary: L&S Learning Support Services (LSS) serves the UW-Madison College of Letters & Science, which is a diverse community of departments, programs, centers, and institutes dedicated to fulfilling UW-Madison's core educational mission and furthering the Wisconsin Idea. LSS provides technology facilities, services, and support to L&S students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to providing the highest levels of service in a collaborative and mutually supportive work environment.
As an instructional technology consultant, you will be joining the LSS team that consults on media production, online learning tools and environments, instructional design, the design and use of learning spaces, the development of blended and online courses, and more. Approximately, half of your duties will be related to learning technology consulting, and half will be course production and instructional design.
This position reports to the Associate Director of LSS. To learn more about LSS and our consulting team, visit http://lss.wisc.edu/consulting .
Additional Information: The College of Letters & Science is committed to building a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students, and encourages applications from women, members of racial and ethnic minority groups, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
In addition to competitive salary, we offer outstanding benefits including a generous number of vacation days and holidays, a variety of insurance options, and robust retirement savings programs.
References will not be contacted without advance notice.
Contact: David Macasaet
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: Please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process.
An applicant may be hired into the Associate Information Processing Consultant, Information Processing Consultant or Senior Information Processing Consultant title dependent upon experience. Title will be determined upon hire.
For questions on the position contact David Macasaet at 608-265-8945 or email@example.com .
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 06 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 4 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time