Tech Support Analyst - Journey
Position Number 999357
Position Classification Title Technical Support Analyst
Functional Title Tech Support Analyst - Journey
Position Type Staff
Housing and Residence Life provides safe, inclusive, and secure residential communities where a diverse and innovative team of professionals encourage students to pursue academic excellence, personal growth, civic leadership, and responsibility. Efficient and effective programs and services are provided by competently trained and reliable departmental teams in affordable, clean, comfortable, and sound facilities equipped with current technologies. Our diverse residence hall environments promote learning and personal growth through programs that enable students to acknowledge and appreciate diversity through open dialogue, establish a personal sense of interdependence, and prepare them for responsible service as members of the global community.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support and assistance to the Assistant Director for Technology as he/she manages the technology needs of the department.
Essential Task Include:
• Provide training and assistance to all HRL staff for desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices;
• Respond to trouble calls and provide individual and group support;
• Develop training materials, courses, and workshops for all levels of staff;
• Perform periodic inspections, inventory, and maintenance for all computing devices;
• Install, maintain, and periodically inspect residence halls access control and camera stations;
• Troubleshoot software issues and insure integrity of access control system and safety/security cameras;
• Provide training to Facilities and Central Office Staff on access control system and occupancy management system;
• Coordinate with UNCG Police department in maintenance and software upgrades for Safety/Security Cameras;
• Assist AD for Technology in implementing Facilities Work Order Management Software;
• Serve as Secondary Application Administrator for occupancy database system and software program;
• Provide leadership in relational database administration and coding (SQL);
• Assist in designing, developing, testing, and upgrade/enhancements;
• Work with ITS to coordinate projects requiring operating system level work
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
An Associate's degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position's role: or a Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position's role: or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one (1) year of experience
- Advanced level requires an additional two (2) years of experience
Department prefers four (4) year degree in Information Technology
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
Resume Cover Letter
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $51,000 - $56,000
Org #-Department Housing and Residence Life - 44502
Work Hours of Position Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Job Family Information Technology
Band Tech Support Analyst
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Substantial working knowledge as demonstrated by an understanding and use of the principles, theories and practices pertinent to area of responsibility.
- Ability to mentor or train peers and others.
-Demonstrates a range of technical understanding to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues on software and/or hardware.
-Technical knowledge to update and maintain integrity of tables and security.
Planning and Organizing
Ability to work independently on tasks, develops own work, schedule and monitors progress against defined parameters.
-Ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
Open Date 04/06/2017
Close Date 04/27/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 72
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your higher education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu