Assistant/Associate Professor in Arts Administration and Program Director
Functional Title Assistant/Associate Professor in Arts Administration and Program Director
Position Type Tenure Stream
The UNCG College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) is a vibrant arts community that is active on campus and deeply embedded in the city, state, and region. The CVPA serves approximately 1,500 undergraduate and graduate majors with a full-time faculty and staff of over one hundred, making it one of the largest such schools in the South. Greensboro, equidistant from Atlanta and Washington, DC, and located between the mountains and the seashore, has recently been designated an All-American City. Greensboro is extremely arts-oriented and, along with its sister cities of Winston-Salem and High Point, provides a vital cultural stimulus to the entire Piedmont region.
The UNCG Arts Administration program is now in its second full year. It is the only undergraduate Arts Administration program in the University of North Carolina system. There is strong student interest in the program; currently there are 75 arts administration majors and minors enrolled. The very recent unification of the visual with the performing arts has led to the formation of the new College of Visual and Performing Arts. It is believed that this unification will further enhance interest in arts administration.
The College of Visual and Performing Arts seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position to direct and teach in a new, fast-growing, and interdisciplinary, undergraduate arts administration program.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a current knowledge of the field of arts administration;
- Lead a rapidly growing arts administration program that draws students from a variety of fields in and out of the arts;
- Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching and mentoring students;
- Be prepared to create a vision and strategic plan for the UNCG arts administration program;
- Contribute to curriculum development, faculty governance, and administrative life of the College of Visual and Performing Arts and the campus;
- Foster collaborative relationships in the College of Visual and Performing Arts, across the campus, and beyond including partnerships with external arts organizations both locally and more broadly;
- Have experience with and a commitment to inclusive arts programming;
- Integrate social and community-engaged art practices and other innovations into the arts administration curriculum.
A Master's degree or higher in arts administration or relevant field; At least three years professional experience as an arts administrator.
At least one year experience teaching at the university level or comparable instructional/training experience.
Tenure Status Tenure, Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit the following via the online application process:
Letter of Application detailing experiences relevant to this position;
One-page statement outlining a vision for an undergraduate arts administration program;
Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) references.
Recruitment Range $58,000 - $70,000
Org #-Department School of Music Theatre and Dance - 12601
Job Open Date 11/30/2016
For Best Consideration Date 01/17/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu