Camp Assistant - Summer Kids University
The Camp Assistant will work with Continuing Education coordinator to provide a pleasant, educational camp experience for up to 100 campers per week at FVSU Warner Robins Center. The assistant will assist the classroom teacher by helping with classroom activities and serving as a role model for camper behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with ensuring the safety of campers during activates, including athletics, science experiments, etc.
- Interact with campers and parents in a pleasant manner, referring parents to either the Camp Coordinator or Coordinator of Continuing Education
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Coordinator of Continuing Education and the Camp Coordinator
- Report problems to the Camp Coordinator or Coordinator of Continuing Education (water spills, camper behavior issues, etc.)
- Participate in camp orientation activities
- Arrive on time each day, reporting to the Coordinator of Continuing Education
- Assist with the distribution and cleanup of lunch
- Maintain personal behavior and dress, avoid gossip, swearing and flirtatious behavior
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current college student
- Previous experience working with children
- Enthusiastic, energetic attitude
- Ability to follow instructions and take responsibility
- Ability to work with parents and campers
- Evening work and early morning will be required, depending on schedule
- Some outdoor work may be required for classes focused on physical fitness
- Involvement in sports classes and other physical activities
- Lifting no more than 20 lbs.
- Standing or Sitting for extended periods
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.