Classroom Instructor (Teacher) - Summer Kids University
The Summer Kids University Classroom Instructor (Teacher) will work with the Continuing Education Coordinator to provide a pleasant, educational camp experience for up to 100 campers per week at the FVSU Warner Robins Center. The instructor will lead and direct classroom and/or physical activities that enrich camper's educational or physical abilities.
Classroom Instructors/Teachers are needed in the areas of Mathematics, Reading, Science, Language Arts, Music, Dance, Drama, Social Studies, Spanish, French, Technology, Robotics, Basketball, Volleyball, and Tennis. Instructors will work June 1 to July 14, 2016, Monday through Thursday, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. (depending on the class time and class subject).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Continuing Education Coordinator to plan lessons that will educate campers in given topic
- Instruct/teach campers on the specific topic assigned
- Interact with campers and parents in a pleasant, efficient manner
- Maintain classroom discipline
- Report behavior issues to camp management
- Report problems/issues to camp management
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude and behavior
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College Graduate or current college Junior or higher majoring in the subject to be taught with at least a current 3.0 GPA
- Previous experience working with children
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out classroom activities in specific subjects
- Enthusiastic, energetic attitude
- Ability to follow instructions and take responsibility
- Ability to manage classroom behavior of up to 20 students
- Ability to work well with others and give clear directions to assistants
- Ability to work well with parents and campers
- Certified teacher
- Some outdoor work may be required for classes focused on physical fitness
- Involvement in sports classes and other physical activities
- Standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.