Assistant Camp Coordinator - Summer Kids University
The Summer Kids University Assistant Camp Coordinator will work with the Continuing Education Coordinator to provide a pleasant, educational camp experience for up to 100 campers per week at the FVSU Warner Robins Center. The assistant coordinator will provide support in the supervision of instructors and camp assistants and handle discipline issues with campers. The assistant will work Monday through Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee routines, schedules and procedures for camp operation in conjunction with Continuing Education Coordinator
- Create and distribute class rosters
- Reassign students who selected classes they have already participated in and inform parents the week prior to the class beginning
- Oversee teachers and camp assistants, making the Continuing Education Coordinator aware of lateness, failure to perform duties as expected, etc.
- Supervise the distribution of food, supplies, equipment and advise of ordering needs
- Help assign classes/activities and issue other responsibilities (bathroom monitoring, lunch supervision and clean-up, etc.) to camp assistants
- Inform teachers of overly large classes and assign camp assistants to aid in large classes
- Assist teachers with behavior or discipline issues
- Interact with campers and parents in a pleasant, efficient manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College Graduate or current Senior majoring in education or counseling
- One season of camp administrative experience
- Two years' experience in education or counseling
- Previous experience working with children
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to plan and organize carry out daily and special programs
- Enthusiastic, energetic attitude
- Ability to follow instructions and take responsibility
- Ability to supervise staff and campers
- Ability to work with parents and campers
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Evening work and early morning will be required depending on schedule
- Some travel maybe involved
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.