VMWare, NetApps and Linux Administrator
Recognized national retailer seeks an experienced Linux Administrator and VMWare Administrator for their Enterprise Systems Engineering Team.
Candidate will have at least 5 years experience in deep administration of Linux and or VMWare.
Candidate will assist in resolving high impact/urgency tier-3 support, incidents, and work orders. Specifically those impacting or involving the use of Linux and VMWare will be the focus of the role.
Candidate will work as the Enterprise Engineering teams representative to interface with Tier I and II to resolve Linux and VM issues. As well as being mentor, building up the skills of lvl-2/lvl-1 support, this primary function is about leading the way in architecting best practice, secure, agile, flexible, and reliable solutions that support the company's, mission-critical, infrastructure.
Candidate will document, maintain, and improve process/procedure around the Systems Engineering Function.
Candidate must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and dedication to resolve problems effectively and efficiently minimizing disruptions.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform all of the primary roles above as well as most of the requirements below at an advanced level. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills and Experience
This Candidate will specialize in the following area:
- Strong technical skills Linux and VMWare
- Should be hands on and willing to build servers/ troubleshoot when required
- Ability to communicate effectively and assign work and tasks
- Be available off hours as needed to step into highly technical escalations
- Communication and Teamwork
- Expert experience in cluster mode
- Experience in Vmware clustering
- Strong experience in Netapp 7-mode and cluster-mode configuration and support
- Support Network Attached Storage (NAS) / Netapp platform.
- Extensive Linux experience, preferably with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (CentOS)
- Must be comfortable with various flavors of Linux
- Expert IT experience on multiple Enterprise platforms/technologies
- Ability to correlate data to resolve root cause issues, architect and implement enterprise solutions.
- Utilize a variety of remote access tools and techniques
- Conduct/participate in meetings with other teams/work groups to establish/validate project timelines
- Perform testing and establish system acceptance criteria on current and next generation hardware and software
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups in a team environment using logic based troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong understanding of organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the field of technical support.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
OlsonWorks Consulting Corp is a fast growing service firm for IT staffing and consultancy services in the San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California and wherever a business needs a professional to help with their tech needs.
We work with organizations of every size and in every industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
San Francisco, CA
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 09:25:49 PDT