Administrative Assistant III
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at *www.cu.edu/cu-careers*
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Administrative Assistant III
Position #636595 - Requisition 09116
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and technical support for the Chair and faculty of the department of Restorative Dentistry in the areas of teaching, research and administrative matters, to function independently in organizing, implementing and supervising daily department operations. This position will facilitate and effectively communicate the daily scheduling of full and part-time faculty. Helps new faculty assimilate into the department and establishes continuing communication with part-time and volunteer faculty. Manages details of School committees when Restorative Department faculty assumes the role Chair of committee. This position will serve as the secondary Clinical Scheduler. This position will provide technical support to the department, administration and multiple divisions across the school for support of the clinical and student scheduling operations.Examples of Work Performed:
- Prepare, manage and monitor the department budget/operating account and the faculty development account
- Accesses the accounting system to run reports of the expenses in these accounts, prepares ad hoc reports, reconciles financial statements, and completes tasks necessary to correct any discrepancies
- Exercises approval authority for procurement actions requiring the use of purchase requests, purchase orders, invoices and travel actions
- Determines proper accounts for EZA card transactions and monitors expenditures for appropriateness and proper accounting of departmental transactions
- Orders materials from dental suppliers, receives shipments placed with these suppliers
- Prepares, manages and monitors promotion and tenure departmental documentation and administer process.
- Prepares monthly faculty leave summary sheets showing the number of vacation and sick days taken and remaining
- Arranges transportation and lodging accommodations and prepares travel expense reports
- Proofreads and edits correspondence, scientific documents and instructional course material and letters of recommendation, photocopies material for classes in the department; proctors exams when requested
- Schedules rooms for department meetings, practice meetings and team meetings
- Attends department meetings and prepares minutes
- Processes faculty clinical appointments
- Prior to each semester, sends clinical schedule to part-time and volunteer faculty to establish availability for clinic coverage, relays information to Program Assistant clinical scheduler and compiles course syllabi for courses taught in the Restorative Department curriculum.
- Manage all details of select committees when a Restorative faculty member assumes the role of Chair of the committee.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3,384 - $3,740 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at .
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS* Three (3) years of general clerical or administrative experience, which included one (1) year of experience with working with faculty in an academic environment. Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application. SUBSTITUTION: * College, university of non-correspondence business school course work may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general experience but not for the specific experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS * Experience processing and reconciling financial information and transactions. * Experience working with faculty, staff, and students in a medical or dental environment. COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES * Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds. * Ability to handle sensitive matters that require discretion and confidentiality. * Highly organized professional with high integrity and discretion. * Ability to work expediently and proficiently. * Effective with response time, timelines and follow through. * Ability to work as a member of a team within a collaborative environment. * Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills. * Proficiency with computers.