Job Title: Staff Accountant
Company: Elements PEO
Rapidly growing start-up Company with a proven track record from the Company's founder. Ability to have high visibility in the organization and build the Company into something great. Need to be self-motivated and have the ability to build out the financial systems and processes from the ground up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy of the general ledger data by performing recurring routine and moderately complex accounting functions.
• Able to reconcile numerous bank accounts across multiple entities in a timely and efficient manner. Bank accounts are highly transactional and candidate needs to understand how to tie out complex entries from our operations system to the bank statements.
• Prepares and posts journal entries, including invoices, accruals and cash transactions.
• Responsible for month-end close process, including elimination and consolidation.
• Reviews and verifies accuracy of account balances and classifications. Analyzes changes in account balances and makes recommendations to correct errors as appropriate.
• Maintains supporting schedules and reports related to amortizations, accruals, notes and related recurring accounting activities.
• Identifies process and control improvement opportunities and works with manager to implement the appropriate modifications.
• In conjunction with CEO, CFO, and appropriate Operations staff, recommend and develop financial analysis and reporting processes for new and existing functional areas, leveraging existing and anticipated operational systems.
• Execute and maintain a variety of financial reports to communicate results, trends, and issues, incorporating statistical and ratio analysis as well as other necessary management accounting review.
• Works independently, managing conflicting deadlines and priorities as assigned. Quickly adapts to changing priorities, managing and clearly communicating deadline risks as new tasks and project arise.
• Train new staff on relevant duties.
• Function as lead for employees performing similar duties.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
• Certificate of Accounting preferred.
• 3+ years of accounting experienced in a small to mid-size organization
• Mid-scale ERP experience required. Intacct preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of all relevant modules of an ERP system.
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the following levels:
• Excel: Intermediate level of skill
• Word, Outlook: Basic level of skill
• Strong knowledge of GAAP.
• Strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills
• Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills with a keen eye for detail
• Self-motivated, and able to work under pressure minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
Elements Global Services provides comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing, payroll tax administration, time and attendance solutions, and employee pay services. Human Resource Services include 401(k) plan recordkeeping, workers' compensation administration, a professional employer organization, and other administrative services for business.
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 11:49:48 PDT