Admissions Director (Hunter College Campus School)
Reporting to the Executive Director of Campus Schools, the Director of Admissions and Special Projects oversees and leads all functions of the Admissions Office at the Hunter College Campus Schools.
In addition to the duties in the CUNY Title Overview, specific components of the position include, but are not limited to, responsibility for:
- Develops and implements the policies and procedures for admission to the Hunter College Campus Schools; participates in an on-going assessment of such policies and procedures through contacts with administrators, teachers, parents, and additional entities.
- Oversee the preparation and management of test packets and materials for the Elementary School and the High School;
- Organize and execute testing days for both Campus Schools;
- Direct outreach and recruitment initiatives for the Elementary School and the High School;
- Manage and analyze admission data;
- Coordinate logistics with testing psychologists;
- Communicate with schools and parents regarding admissions;
- Oversee the transition processing of Hunter Elementary students to the High School;
- Create and update promotional materials;
- Initiate and follow-up on special projects and events at the request of the Director of the Campus Schools, the Director of Center for Gifted Education, Provost, and the President of Hunter College;
- Supervise, train, and evaluate of Admissions Office staff;
- Respond to questions and appeals related to admissions;
- Act as liaison with the Hunter College Center for Gifted Education, assist with data gathering for research;
- Communicate relevant data of incoming students to the principals of the Campus Schools.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops, implements, and manages one or more major admissions and recruiting functions.
- Manages overall recruitment and admissions processes
- Develops recruiting strategies for the College and/or specific programs or groups and works closely with academic departments, programs, and administrators to coordinate marketing and recruiting
- Manages the development and distribution of recruiting materials and communications of all kinds
- Manages admissions operations and staff, including coordination with outside organizations and University administration
- Oversees department budget including developing detailed proposals to support recruitment and admissions
- Evaluates and reports outcomes; uses information in statistical, fiscal, and other reports to make improvements to the recruiting process
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 18, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter Campus Schools
Job Title: Admissions Director (Hunter College Campus School)
Job ID: 16544
Full/Part Time: Full-Time