Associate Director, Admission
Admission/Multicultural Student Recruitment
Capital University is seeking an Associate Director to conduct high level activities for the Undergraduate Admission Office such as the direct recruitment of targeted populations to increase diversity and inclusion among the student body. This position is responsible for recruiting prospective students and manages the Bonner Scholars Program. The Associate Director works with all admission staff on application review, student and family meetings and communications, events and other marketing and recruitment related initiatives.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Manages specific, specialized area of expertise for undergraduate admissions such as the recruitment of multicultural students, transfer students, Bonner Scholars and events.
- Develops and implements recruitment initiatives for targeted diverse populations.
- Plans and participates in recruiting trips including presentations at high school and junior colleges to school counselors, potential students, and parents, meetings with other appropriate feeder institutions for international students.
- Identifies, coordinates, and monitors all tutoring and other service placements of Bonner Scholars.
- Works with Bonner Scholars to plan and implement regularly scheduled enrichment activities such as workshops, training programs, speakers and group service projects which meet the service interests of both Bonners and other students, coordinating efforts with student affairs, and Bonner Programs at other colleges.
- Collects and reviews applicant materials, assesses academic potential and makes admission decisions.
- Prepares high-level data and reporting for analysis both within the admission office and across the university.
- Assists in marketing initiatives including mailings, recruitment publications, events, social media, vendor relationships and more.
- Participates in professional development opportunities such as conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required; Master’s degree preferred. Previous experience working with multicultural student recruitment in an admission office is preferred.
- Current motor vehicle license required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products and ability to learn Datatel and other programs as needed.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement, family education benefits, long-term disability, life insurance and free parking.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Interim Director, Admission
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.
Apply for Associate Director, Admission
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly