Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, in 26 facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Provide oversight and maintenance of various database system platforms, as well as technical support of the same. Responsible for isolating and identifying application errors in a timely manner, as well as performing database optimization and maintenance, security, scripting, and backups.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principally responsible for all enterprise databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle DB) within Nippon Seiki's North American group companies (NSNA) including design, implementation, backups, maintenance, and ongoing support
- Creates solutions after reviewing the defined database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications for new implementations
- Leads the effective integration/operation of all interfaces between database platforms and third-party application environments
- Contributes to specifying and evaluating new data backup systems
- Responsible for the data backups of all enterprise databases including regularly scheduled backups, log maintenance, backup retention, test scenarios, and disaster recovery procedures
- Maintains the integrity, structure, performance tuning, capacity planning, and security of the various databases
- Keeps current and up-to-date with application architecture, cumulative updates, functionality, and other database components; performs upgrades of new releases in coordination with the users and other IT support functions
- Troubleshoots database application errors and assisting in related applications not operating correctly; makes recommendations on design or system improvements based on the technical diagnosis, where appropriate
- Ensures that all development and/or corrective software has been fully tested and documented in accordance with current departmental standards and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed on the network
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer support resource
- Assists in providing computer/network support relating to software problems reported by users
- Maintains an adequate level of knowledge of database and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users
- Participants in an on-call rotation for emergencies outside of business hours
- Other duties as assigned
Formal Education and certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent applicable work experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA: SQL Server) certification preferred
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA6-DCV) or higher certification preferred
Knowledge and experience:
- 7+ years of database administration experience preferred, including implementation and support
- Experience with the latest versions of some or all of the following is required:
- EMC Avamar, Data Domain, and general disaster recovery practices
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Windows Server
- MySQL Server
- Oracle DB
- VMware vCenter, vSphere
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
Initiative/ Results Driven
Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
Judgment/ Decision Making
Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Ability to travel 10%, international and domestic
Monday-Friday, Normal Business Hours. Off-hours as needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
See Job Description
N.S. International, Ltd. is a tier one supplier of Instrument Cluster and Head-Up Display systems to many major automotive OEMs including: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Honda and BMW. NSI supplies other parts and equipment including fuel gauges, speedometers, tachometers, and a variety of other gauges to Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki and others.
N.S. International, Ltd. houses a team of professionals who provide face-to-face support to our customers covering the complete product life cycle. Our onsite expertise includes: Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Design Engineering and Program Management.
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 20:07:41 PDT