Director of Admission
Capital University’s Admission Office is seeking a Director of Admission who is responsible for the enhancement and implementation of recruitment strategies to achieve institutional enrollment goals, while directly supervising a staff of recruitment professionals. The Director will provide leadership and guidance while implementing strategies that attract, recruit, and enroll a highly qualified and talented undergraduate student body. The Director must be collaborative and aware of campus-wide initiatives and how these initiatives will affect the role of various duties under their purview.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Oversees the area of traditional undergraduate admissions; attends activities and student events.
- Supervises and coordinates recruitment efforts for undergraduate first-year, transfer and international student recruitment.
- Executes and advises upon strategies for all undergraduate student recruitment activities, including (but not limited to) admission decisions, high school visits and college fairs, on and off-campus events, etc.
- Implements Capital’s strategies for merit and need-based scholarship and grant modeling on an annual basis.
- Coordinates the flow of mailings, emails, phone calls, texts and all conversations with relevant audiences, including parents and high school counselors in collaboration with the director of admissions operations and technology.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations for new and expanding market presence such as international efforts and domestic student search lead purchases.
- Serves as the liaison to external vendor(s) assisting with financial aid optimization and provides written and verbal updates to all campus constituencies on a regular basis.
- Makes purposeful decisions on the best ways to spend operational dollars and advocates for future budgetary needs and strategies.
- Ensures to communicate value propositions such as leveraging our undergraduate scholarship, research and internship opportunities; uses internal and external data such as NSSE and IPEDS to talk about Capital intelligently within the marketplace.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current motor vehicle license and OACAC membership.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Publisher; and prior experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Datatel.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- A strong and proactive team leader with a proven track record of success preferably in private university marketing, recruiting, and enrollment management
- Familiar with the major metropolitan markets in the Midwest (with an emphasis on Ohio), as well as a demographic knowledge of likely markets including international markets.
- An effective and inspiring manager, mentor and team builder with the ability to communicate and execute expectations and accountability.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement, family education benefits, long-term disability, life insurance and free parking.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Vice President, Strategic Enrollment Management
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.