Payroll Tax Specialist
Great opportunity for an individual with exceptional customer service skills to join New England's fastest growing payroll company.
Complete Payroll Solutions is looking for experienced Payroll Tax Specialists with excellent customer service, tax and compliance skills to service our customers and internal departments.
Key job criteria/responsibilities/standards:
- Subject matter expert in Tax, Compliance and Payroll procedures.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly processing of tax reports and tax payments for State, Local and/or Federal agencies.
- Prepare and file amended returns as required.
- Coordinate with Implementation to process prior service tax information.
- Process and update EFTPS enrollment information for new clients.
- Weekly processing and review of payroll and tax balancing reports.
- Review new client tax information to ensure accuracy and document all missing data.
- Analyze and process incoming quarterly and year-end data to generate quality resolution and minimize penalty exposure.
- Research and resolve all tax and client issues in a professional, qualitative and timely manner.
- Exercise technical skills, access available resources and utilize system/desktop tools in resolving and following through on client issues.
- Coordinate problem resolution with other internal or external departments as required.
- Maintain documentation of all issues that may have a fiscal or tax impact on clients' accounts.
- Provide quality customer service to all clients, employees and partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret governmental regulations to ensure compliance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Strong ability to apply common sense understanding, judgment, and leadership to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Certifications, Licenses, Registration, Education Requirements, Experience:
- Associates Degree; or five to seven years payroll/tax related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous Payroll Experience preferred
- CPP or FPC certification a plus
Complete Payroll Solutions is the Northeast's Leading HR, Benefits and Payroll partner, providing solutions to small and mid-sized employers throughout the Northeastern United States. CPS is comprised of the most talented workforce professionals in the industry, and we attribute our success to their dedication, teamwork, and continued commitment to excellence.
Team members benefit from competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, growth and advancement opportunities, and a collaborative working environment. Please visit our website at https://www.completepayrollsolutions.com to learn more!
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 09:20:51 PDT