LFCE Business Manager
University of La Verne
LFCE Business Manager
Job Description Summary:
This position serves as LaFetra College of Education's chief of administrative operations and communications, including staff team leadership, liaison to other units, and compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures.
1. Create a high performing staff team that efficiently meets objectives while providing opportunities for individual growth and job satisfaction. This includes helping to design roles and performance metrics, task coordination between roles, people selection, training, ongoing coaching, formal reviews, development plans, and day-to-day supervision. Identify and take corrective action when group or individual performance falls below expectations.
2. Create a positive work environment where staff know that their contributions are valued and are critical to the fulfillment of the College’s mission. Inspire and develop staff teamwork in an atmosphere of mutual respect. Identify and address any impediments to such an environment. Keep the Dean abreast of the climate amongst staff and advise on how best to cultivate and support a thriving culture.
3. Oversee accounting processes (with assistance for routine duties from other college staff), including reconciliation, transfers, journal entries, expense reimbursements, payroll, Pcard, etc
4. Partner with the Dean’s Office in planning to help translate College short-term and long-term objectives into a set of staff development objectives and financial objectives.
5. Promote the identity and voice of the college through two-way communication with internal and external stakeholders, including Strategic Enrollment Management & Communications, alumni, and District Partners.
6. Serve as a communications hub, helping the appropriate information get to the right person at the right time so that s/he is capable of excelling in her/his role and capable of providing input into decision-making.
7. Help develop and ensure adherence to internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures that safeguard the efficient use of fiscal and human resources in alignment with the College’s mission and University standards.
8. Establish, uphold and delegate administrative procedures to meet the needs of the college, specifically including Program Chair support
9. Oversee the processing of required forms to provide excellent and timely service to faculty, adjuncts, staff and students
10. Hire, provide task management, and supervise LFCE student workers
11. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communications, or related field.
2. Progressively complex and responsible administrative experience in an institution of higher education or similar work environment.
3. Supervisory experience recruiting personnel, managing human resource activities, directing administrative support services, and evaluating employee performance.
4. Knowledge of and skill in the of administration and management of strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
5. Knowledge of and skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for university level correspondence.
6. Knowledge of and skill in oral communication including active listening, pursuit of feedback, clearly and concisely expressing ideas and persuading others.
7. Knowledge of and skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative and constructive working relationships.
8. Knowledge of and skill/proficiency in using academic database management systems, online course management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
9. Knowledge of and skill in maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
1. Master’s Degree preferred. 2. Proficiency in high level user status functions in Banner and Blackboard. 3. Proficiency in accessing and using programs and systems such as Cognos and Microsoft ACCESS relational database software. 4. Knowledge of and skill in accessing university and community resources to assist students, staff and faculty.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation