IT - Help Desk Support Specialist
As a Help Desk Support Specialist, you will work within our hardware team to support and troubleshoot the daily infrastructure and hardware needs of a diverse book of clients. This role requires a reliable self-starter with exceptional troubleshooting skills. As a Help Desk Support Specialist, you will see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance and take initiative to provide status updates to senior management and clients as necessary. Qualified applicants should possess superior communication skills, enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced environment, be highly task oriented and be willing to pursue and maintain Microsoft Certifications. Applicants must pass a practical skills test prior to hire.
Responsibilities that someone in this role might have at RSI include:
- Provide prompt technical support to customer base on a variety of issues by responding to telephone calls, emails and "in-office" requests. Log all requests and escalate as necessary.
- Provide remote and on-site support services to user base.
- Configure and install Windows Desktops for clients.
- Perform routine maintenance on servers and workstations, including installation of service packs, security patches, hot fixes and third party software updates.
- Provide basic application training when necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of systems.
- Participate in various migrations and upgrade projects.
- Participate in "on-call" after hours support rotation.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Additional responsibilities assigned as necessary.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Windows 10, 8.1, and 7
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Thorough knowledge of email technologies including Outlook
- Familiarity with Office 365 Preferred
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts, LAN and WAN topologies, Wireless Technologies, Firewall concepts and Email concepts
- Familiarity with Virtual Hypervisors including Microsoft Hyper-V
- Knowledge of Microsoft Best Practices
- Willingness to pursue Microsoft Certifications
- Experience in an IT help desk role supporting a Microsoft Windows environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Clean driving record with valid CT driver's license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Reliable self-starter who takes initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests while exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities
- Respect of confidential client and organization information and intellectual property
- Professional presence: able to represent the company capably, inspiring confidence from clients and teammates
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving technology and environment
- Works productively in a team environment
- Excels in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities with minimal errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities and logistical requirements
Realized Solutions, Inc., based in Southington, CT, is an IT company specializing in technology consulting services for small to mid-size businesses. Our services include hardware and network support, continuity planning (back-up and disaster recovery) and custom software development. We work closely with our clients to learn and understand their business. This enables us to help our clients maximize their technology investment by leveraging their resources to meet overall business objectives and goals. At RSI, we are truly committed to our clients, measuring our own success by the achievements of our customers.
We believe that technology is ever-changing. Our dedicated, professional staff is highly skilled with a diverse breadth of knowledge in the technology field. We help our clients leverage their IT investment to achieve the results most important to them.
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 12:28:14 PDT