Police Communication Supervisor
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
University Police Department
Police Communications Supervisor
Position #218170- Requisition 07875
This full-time, state classified position exists to provide supervision, support, leadership and management of communications personnel, records, and equipment by: following procedures, assisting in emergent and non-emergent situations, effective decision making, completing performance plans, coaching, and evaluations, training, mentoring, attending training and conferences, scheduling personnel, overseeing equipment operations, and processing records. This is also a dispatching/monitoring position, and the employee is expected to cover those positions as needed as well as attend meetings, complete assignments, and provide support to other departmental personnel.
- Attend available training that include topics on supervision; leadership; records management; employee evaluations; disciplinary actions; CCIC updates; police dispatch center management; etc.
- Develop performance plans, and evaluations.
- Attend divisional, departmental and other meetings and conferences as necessary to include Patrol, Dispatch Supervisory, Team, BWA, Alert/Sam, APCO, ARMS, E911, CCRN, and CBI.
- Attend vendor meetings for NICE, E911, ARMS, and Radios. Attend other meetings as requested.
- Review policies, procedures, and guidelines with employees.
- Review training needs and submit training requests.
- Practice department drills.
- Assist in developing and updating training for new employees.
- Provide training for the new employees.
- Implement new procedures and guidelines as they are issued.
- Devise and implement training scenarios. Participate in the development and implementation of campus wide drills.
- Ensure proper use and security of the system.
- Stay updated on changing rules and regulations for the use of NCIC/CCIC.
- Complete required paperwork and notifications for certain NCIC/CCIC actions. Attend CBI supervisory training.
- Manage access to the CBI system. Attend BWA meetings. Review CBI Newsletters for updates and new processes. Document and report any system misuse.
- Assist department staff with questions and training.
- Perform equipment checks.
- Manage, attend training, update databases, and provide training for ARMS, CBI, NICE, RAVE, CCURE, RMS, and CAMERA'S.
- Maintain police radios and push to talk phones.
- Order needed supplies. Perform trouble shooting and minor repairs.
- Work with vendors for needed repairs.
- Process, maintain, distribute and purge police records.
- Ensure records database entries are complete and accurate.
- Oversee CBI queries, entries and cancellations to ensure proper reporting to CBI and paperwork distributed according to CBI policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update ARMS database with CRS codes, duplicate master names, incident, location and brand codes.
- Maintain call recordings.
- Ensure daily crime logs are complete and accurate according to Clery Reporting.
- Review staffing and scheduling needs, process leave requests, and adjust schedules as needed.
- Review and update timesheets in Kronos.
- Check CAD entries for accuracy and completeness and review with employees.
- Ensure procedures and guidelines are being followed.
- Complete after action reviews of critical incidents.
- Cover dispatch/monitoring duties during staffing shortages.
- Complete necessary letters of instructions and corrective actions.
- Complete monthly chronological logs and review with employees.
- Provide positive feedback on a regular basis.
- Assign duties to employees and follow-up regularly with their assignments.
Note: This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shifts during emergency campus closures.