Outreach Coordinator 494605
Outreach Coordinator 494605
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 494605
Department: Center for Innovation, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship (CICE)
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Outreach Coordinator - develops and implements communications and outreach “ground game” strategies with students, faculty, staff, community, workforce participants, potential employers, and the general public. The Coordinator's primary responsibilities are in marketing, communications, and outreach to promote a positive public image among CICE's various audiences, and to garner participation in and advance CICE's efforts to encourage development in the areas of innovation, commercialization, entrepreneurship, and workforce development. This position is responsible for coordinating design, message, and content generation, including electronic and print communications, delivering the message to participants, and community outreach. The Coordinator is responsible for maintenance of the CICE websites and social media platforms. The Communications Coordinator works closely with the Workforce Coordinator to ensure students are apprised of training and event schedules, participants are prepared, stakeholders are informed, and the facilities are prepared and setup so that training is delivered on time. Other duties as needed.
Examples of Work Performed:
Persons of low to moderate income are encouraged to apply.
General Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1 year marketing, communications, media or public relations experience
• Experience or degree in communications or public administration preferred
• Experience in a university setting workforce training preferred
• Experience managing websites
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Position typically has no responsibility for supervision or direction of others
• Personal contacts are with employees within the work unit and/or general public, including students and community members, in a highly structured situation which involves obtaining, clarifying, or giving facts or information
• This position title requires the use of standard technical skills appropriate to the work environment of the organization
• Demonstrated outreach experience with community, list of existing relationships
• Demonstrated ability to create and promote message to a wide audience
• This position has no budgetary responsibility
• Sedentary, exerting up to 40 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 04/05/2017
Close Date: 4/19/2017
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.