The Associate Librarian serves as a coordinator of all public services offered by the Library. The coordinator is responsible to the Director of the Library in much the same way as any other member of the department. The Associate Librarian serves in an advisory capacity to the Director for the development of policy and procedure concerning public services. The Associate Librarian acts in a supervisory capacity over clerical staff directly serving the public.
- Fulfills the responsibilities of the Assistant Librarian position.
- Coordinates service between and provides oversight of all service desks.
- In conjunction with the Director of the Library, develops and policy and procedure directly affecting the student experience in the Library.
- Trains and schedules employees at all public service points.
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates student aides.
- Manages the Archives.
- Annual completion of the Super Calendar and the Library Calendar.
- Keeps abreast of system changes in DCC IT, and SUNY OLIS.
- Coordinates library tours, open houses, and concurrent classes.
- Mediates student complaints.
- Assists the Director with library public relations.
- Participates in department, division, and institutional assessment as required.
- Assists the Director in the recruitment, appointment, evaluation and retention of full-time and part-time library staff.
- Prepares an annual public services annual report to inform the report of the Library.
- Substitutes for Director as needed.
- Assists the Director in developing and coordinating professional staff development programs.
- Liaise with Student Accounts and work with students to recover and charge for lost books.
- May oversee staff, facilities, and services during the evenings and weekends.
- Is available for some regular evening or weekend work, including, but not limited to: staffing the reference desk, presenting workshops and conducting orientations.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of the Library.
Minimum of Masters of Library Science required with at least 3 years of library experience required. Knowledge and experience with current library systems and technology is preferred.
To Apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Applicants for this position should submit a current resume and a cover letter detailing a proven ability to enhance student success, an understanding of working with a diverse population of students and colleagues, and a commitment to engaging with community partners to achieve shared goals.
Applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others are encouraged (AA/EOE).