Graduate Assistant Department of Nursing- Labs
Job Category Graduate Assistantship
Posting Number M00272
Reports To Clinical Lab Coordinator
Point of Contact Elena Shields, Elena Shields
Marymount Graduate Students accepted/enrolled in Graduate Nursing and are currently eligible to work as a Registered Nurse in Virginia or a compact state, and taking at least 6 graduate credits each semester are invited to apply for a part-time Graduate Assistantship position in the Nursing department.
The position begins in fall semester and continues through the end of spring semester. Graduate Assistants in Nursing Department provide instruction and assistance in the undergraduate nursing labs and simulation.
Applicants will be considered for a 1/3 or 2/3 GA position based on availability for teaching in the labs, needs of the program, and clinical background of the applicant.
• 1/3 GA's work 7 hours weekly each semester (beginning the week before classes start): and receive waiver of 3 credits of their graduate tuition each semester of the assistantship.
• 2/3 GA's work 14 hours weekly each semester (beginning the week before classes start) and receive a waiver of 6 credits of their graduate tuition each semester of the assistantship.
Interviews for the position begin now and continue until position is filled.
• Accepted into Marymount as a graduate student in Nursing
• Licensed as an RN in VA and eligible to work as a Registered Nurse in Virginia or a compact state
• Will be taking at least 6 graduate credits each semester of the assistantship
• 3.0 GPA
• Accepted students enrolled full-time are given preference over part-time students.
• Academic record and community / professional service will be considered in decision-making.
• Supervising or teaching experience is a plus.
Special Notes to Applicants
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university's location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nation's capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Percent of total time 100
Responsibility / Duty
Provides instruction and assistance in the undergraduate nursing labs and simulation.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you taking a minimum of 6 graduate credits in MSN or DNP program?
- * Will you be taking at least 6 graduate credits each semester of the assistantship?
- * Have you been accepted into Marymount as a graduate student in Nursing?
- * Are you eligible to work as a Registered Nurse in Virginia or a compact state?
- * Do you have at least a 3.0 GPA?
- Cover Letter