This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for supporting the Office of Human Resources Recruitment Team through the completion of employment processes, including preparing vacancy announcements; administering various skill assessments, screening applicants for minimum education and experience requirements, checking references, and applicant background checks.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Respond to an applicant and potential applicants’ inquiries concerning vacancies and status of applications.
- Place ads in publications and on internet sites as directed; maintain job postings on Spelman’s job board and other various websites; source, pre-screen resumes for vacant positions.
- Help support Recruiters with new-hire paperwork, setting up interviews, coordinating and organizing meetings and appointments.
- Schedule, interviews, meetings and other activities and events for recruitment and training.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for applicants coming from out of state.
- Conduct a high volume of applicant sourcing each week.
- Produce ad hoc recruiting reports, including Excel spreadsheets to track all recruitment activity.
- Work with the Senior Recruiters to streamline recruitment processes.
- Close out job folders, maintain accurate filing system /records of applicant flow logs and completed job folders. Also, ensure files are archived and destroyed appropriately.
- Administrative experience (i.e. filing, record-keeping, creating various forms, adobe writable forms, flyers, and mail merge).
- Ensure recruitment surveys are sent to all hiring managers.
- Build relationships with temporary agencies and other vendors; ensure that all temporary agencies provide certificates of liability and that they remain up to date.
- Schedule, test administration and assessment of all applicants for clerical positions and assessment for the candidate who will need to assess other skill sets.
- Establish contact with and manage relationships with active and passive candidates to build a pipeline that supports staffing objectives.
- Ensure that recruiting activities are in compliance with government regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Conduct employment reference and background checks on candidates.
- Must be able to build trust and strong partnerships with our stakeholders and hiring managers.
- Knowledge of immigration and labor certification process preferred.
- Electronic filing and E-verify I-9 experience preferred.
Our ideal candidate profile will include:
Associate Degree and a minimum of five years of related work experience are required. Prior experience working in Human Resources and working knowledge of government and human resources laws is highly preferred.
Experience with applicant tracking systems such as People Soft, PeopleAdmin, or Taleo is required.
This position requires strong customer service focus, excellent written and verbal skills. Professional demeanor with the ability to interface with applicants and internal customers with diplomacy and tact is essential. Work requires fact-finding and compilation skills plus ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. The ability to interact with a diverse population is a must.
Excellent oral communication skills are required when presenting information and responding to questions from applicants, employees and the general public in one-on-one situations. The incumbent must be able to write business letters, recruiting and background check documentation plus compose memos and emails. Also, must be able to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as I-9 and affirmative action regulations. Good proofreading skills are essential.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to visit our website and apply via our online application: www.spelman.edu. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a campus environment filled with unique opportunities and experiences.
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE