Sr. PHP Backend Developer
Bills.com, an innovative on-line consumer finance portal is a member of the Freedom Financial Network family of companies. Our software engineers have built and continue to build amazing tools that help consumers locate the most suitable financial solutions for their individual circumstances.
Due to our continued growth, we will be adding two additional PHP back end developers to work with our existing team of brilliant software engineers. As a Sr. PHP Backend Developer, you will be a key member of the Engineering team. You will leverage bleeding-edge technology to create user information solutions by designing and developing the back end of software web applications.
What does the position entail?
• Participate in the design and development of dynamic, interactive web-based systems that are scalable in both performance and maintainability
• Define and design software architectures -explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity and potential risks to successful implementation.
• Follow coding standards (preferably PSR Best Practices)
• Build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
• Manage high availability software throughout entire life cycle for development from requirement gathering, design, development and maintenance phase
• Provide optimized web application solutions.
• Integrate web services with third party clients.
What Technical expertise do you need to do this job?
• Programming Languages: PHP
• Frameworks: Symfony2 or Zend Framework 2
• Tools: Doctrine, PHP Unit,,Redis, Bash
• Web Concepts: REST, JSON, XML, OOP, Dependency Injection, SOAP
• Continuous Integration: Bamboo
• Agile Methodology: Scrum, Kanban
What skills are nice to have?
• Programming Languages: Node.js
• Frameworks: Laravel
• Tools: Composer, npm, Yum, PGP
• Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Mac OS
• A self-directed team player that thrives in a continually challenging environment.
• Passionate about using open source tools and frameworks- a follower of PHP standard recommendations
• Experienced with performance optimization for software applications
• Collaborative, analytical and flexible
Launched in 2002 by two Stanford classmates with a vision to build a corporate culture that balances the heart and the dollar sign, Freedom has grown to over 1400 employees spanning our 4 companies. Our mission is to provide consumers with the best solutions for their debt, mortgage, and lending needs.
San Mateo, CA
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 15:53:00 PDT