Business Analyst for Economic Data
Business Analyst for Economic Data
Constellation, Inc. seeks an Economic Data Business Analyst to join our Business Strategy Division. The analyst, working independently and as part of a team, will help evaluate and solve the agency's business challenges by collecting, reviewing and analyzing information to report results and recommendations to help agency senior executives make decisions. The analyst will be expected to define a problem, collect and analyze data pertaining to it, evaluate processes and procedures and ultimately recommend strategies or tactics. The focus will be the economic impact on proposed solutions and policies, but will also include operational analysis to improve efficiency / productivity. The analyst will be expected to prepare reports that summarize his or her findings and recommendations, and may present findings to senior clients. The candidate should have a least a bachelor's degree in a business or economics discipline, and be practiced at using analytic and office tools to support work efforts. The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a background investigation by the client agency.
The business analyst will be responsible for:
- Cost benefit analysis and pro-forma analysis; to include establishing credible Return on Investment models for Business Transformation Initiatives
- Statistical analyses, modeling, and operations research.
- Economic assessments related to cross-border travel, especially the economics of international air travel, and how the US economy, air carriers, and international travelers are impacted by border crossing regulations, border crossing fees, and border wait time.
- Assess recommendations for public-private partnerships; including understanding the financial incentives of stakeholders like air carriers, air ports, local governments, etc. and the resource impact and obligations to CBP represented by these recommendations.
In summary, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, math, engineering or related field
- Five years' experience. We will consider junior candidates or new graduates from reputable college programs that have relevant college project experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools like Excel, Word and PowerPoint with efficiency. Training and use of Microsoft Access or similar tool is desirable but not necessary.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to dive in and produce results for the client.
Please send a two page resume and a cover page. Please list your last salary or your expected salary requirement. Please send resume to the e-mail address provided by the recruiting job board.
Please refer to our website: www.ConstellationInc.com for company information.
Constellation supports DHS and its component agencies through solutions and services that include project management; federal enterprise architecture; cloud computing; business case Analysis; portfolio analysis; organizational change and optimization; mission and IT requirements analysis; performance management; strategy; process control; acquisition support and budget management. We broadly categorize these services under our three groups called the Program Management Office Support, the Capital Planning Investment Control support and the Business Strategy support.
Our Program Management Office (PMO) Support services strive to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects. Constellation PMO is the source of documentation, guidance, policy input, subject matter expertise, metrics on the practice of project management, execution, and governance. Constellation PMO maintains oversight of the purpose and status of all projects and uses this oversight to ensure overall program success.
Our Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) services help produce a mature process that produces efficiency benefits for investment and program managers, agencies, department executives and key stakeholders. Constellation CPIC process help determine the metrics that map performance against the financial investments of the agency.
Our Business Strategy services create the methodologies of formulating, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that enable a federal government agency to achieve its long-term objectives. Constellation business strategy services help specify the federal government program objectives, create specific and measurable performance parameters and help the agency manage the progress of the program based on metrics.
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 09:49:08 PDT