Director, Hospitality Management
The director is responsible for the five Hospitality Management programs at JCCC, including compliance with local, state and professional education accreditation agencies. The director facilitates student matriculation, oversees program staffing, fosters positive internal and external stakeholder relationships, coordinates didactic and experiential curricula, manages resources, and provides leadership for the overall health and welfare of the program.
- Master's degree in Hospitality or related field, such as Business or Education
- Ability to work closely with local and national professional organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Demonstrated knowledge of the hospitality industry, and the role of education in preparing individuals for careers in the fields represented by JCCC's programs
- Ability to balance being the leader of the program while working within the team concept
- Ability to work cooperatively with other division and college administrators, faculty, and staff in the academic and student services branches, continuing education, and the foundation.
- Certification by one or more of the accrediting agencies affiliated with the hospitality programs
- Previous experience as an educational administrator in a hospitality program
- Previous community college experience
- 3 years of experience teaching, or in a leadership role, in a hospitality educational program
- 3 years of work experience in one or more of the fields represented in the hospitality programs
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay.
For full consideration apply before
May 5, 2017
Hours per Week
Varies: 8 am - 5 pm/Monday - Friday