New Sabina is a leading manufacturer of instrument clusters and Head-Up-Display systems. The manufacturing plant is located in Sabina, Ohio and supplies major automotive manufacturers such as: Honda, Chrysler and GM.
Plant setting with high internal and external visibility - single point of contact between corporate, customer and onsite liaisons. Monitors performance and leads quality activities for customer assembly plant locations from office. Coordinate cross-functional teams to ensure timely closure of open quality issues. Monitors, plans, and coordinates activities for both nonconforming parts and launch events. Reports to Customer Quality Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Customer Quality non-conformance (0KM) failures to closure.
- Manage customer specific portals for quality non-conformances.
- Monitor break-point to customer location accordingly. Provide progress and status updates to Quality Team and the internal Program Development Team.
- Monitor Customer Quality performance metrics against target within customer portal. Ensure clear understanding of customer target criteria and calculation. Support NSII in development of action plan when metric exceeds target.
- Maintain Nonconformance tracker. Ensure defect trends (Pareto) are identified and an action plan is initiated.
- Plan and direct containment activities in the following;
- Development of Work Instruction (providing technical and equipment needs)
- Preparation and setup of test equipment
- Containment activities at customer location via NSII on-site Liaison; high volume - third party supervision, low volume - conduct containment activity as required
- Track Cost of Poor Quality; quotes, purchase orders, data.
- Develop and execute Launch Support Plan for new programs.
- Plan and purchase appropriate test equipment for the NSII on-site Liaison.
- Ensure training has been established prior to launch for the NSII on-site Liaison.
- Capture and communicate launch issues through continuous communication with Liaison.
- Manage open issues to closure through internal cross-functional departments and internal manufacturing.
- Present Launch performance to Quality team, program development team and customer.
- Develop and present technical communications to NSII internal groups and customer as required for all Quality and Launch related issues, events, etc. via PPT, Word, Excel.
- Maintain contacts for customer certified sorting companies for each customer location.
- Build rapport with customer plant Quality staff via scheduled on-site visits.
- Maintain customer site Liaisons for each required customer location. Monitor work activities and appropriate training.
- Develop commodity handling work instructions/instructional videos for customer training purposes as an input to launch support.
- Manage test equipment provided to NSII Liaisons.
- Work with Manager to establish yearly department goals and budget.
- Travel anticipated 30%.
- Bachelor's or an Associate's degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline and in combination with three years of related experience.
- Position requires experience working within a corporate environment.
- Work requires strong interpersonal, customer oriented, proactive aptitude.
- Work requires strong oral and written communication skills to compose emails and business correspondence.
- Work requires the ability necessary to read and analyze moderately complex data in order to prepare reports.
- Work requires strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Work requires knowledge of the organization, departments and policies/ practices, and operations in order to complete tasks.
- Work requires strong computers skills and experience using MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/ internet software.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.
- Moderate knowledge of basic electronics technology principles.
- Moderate to extensive knowledge and ability for Software reflashing equipment and activities (CAN and K2L tools).
- Ability to read and understand schematics and parts lists.
- Work requires knowledge of analog/digital circuitry and printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing process.
- Works requires walking and standing 30% of the time and the ability sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Work requires the ability to travel (International and Domestic) as required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
See Job Description
N.S. International, Ltd. is a tier one supplier of Instrument Cluster and Head-Up Display systems to many major automotive OEMs including: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Honda and BMW. NSI supplies other parts and equipment including fuel gauges, speedometers, tachometers, and a variety of other gauges to Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki and others.
N.S. International, Ltd. houses a team of professionals who provide face-to-face support to our customers covering the complete product life cycle. Our onsite expertise includes: Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Design Engineering and Program Management.
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 20:07:38 PDT